Tom Tom, Garmin, or Magellan Navigation System

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by mxer201, Dec 20, 2010.

1. mxer201

mxer201 Well-Known Member

Thinking about one of these. Opinions? Suggestions? Leaning toward the Tom Tom but would like to know what you think.

2. n2deer

n2deer Well-Known Member

I use my Tom Tom daily and love it. I had a magellan before and it just wouldnt pick up as much in the rural areas. Try the Tom Tom and you will be happy.

3. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

Yea we got a Tom Tom... Does fine. Just need to learn more about it. Couple of friends has them and loves them.

4. dvido

dvido Member

cabot
    Tom tom had me turn the wrong way on a one way once in North Carolina.

I was within feet of a head on with a cement truck.

I know my experience was rare but it made me not trust it.

I have on star and it always takes me right where I need to.

5. scarhead26

scarhead26 Well-Known Member

I have both Tom Tom and garmin. Use the garmin more but they are about equal as far as I can tell.

6. Buck-Ridge

Buck-Ridge Well-Known Member

I've only used the one I have but I got a garmin 265wt I think is the model. It works really well so far has a traffic reciever that warns you of slowdowns and has bluetooth so you can use your phone through it while driving. It was $145. I have several coworkers that have Tom Tom and they really like those too.

7. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

Got a Garmin Nuvi (260 I think)..good unit.......sometimes it is aggravating, like in Colorado and Kansas this summer it routed me off the beaten path to a motel, where I could have stayed on the Interstate and gotten off within a few hundred feet of the motel, instead of the Detour though town..........come to find out, the 'setting' were for the 'fastest' route............and it took me the fastest route!:biggrin:

No biggee, but it works and I have always gotten to where I was headed, when I had never been there before!

8. JR

JR Moderator<br>Campfire<br>General Hunting Topics<br

We've got a Garmin and my parents have a Tom Tom. I have used them both on different trips, but I like our Garmin a little better.

9. Mule man

Mule man Well-Known Member

Wal-Mart Garmin works great for me.

10. we have a garmin in our work van, it works good in AR

11. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member

NE Ark
    I have only used the Garmin, but it has taken me all over the US with no problem. I have no complaints with it.

12. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

Tom Tom or Garmin just flip a coin.