Tires

Discussion in 'Vehicles, Boats, Campers, & ATVs' started by Refugee man, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Refugee man

Refugee man Well-Known Member

Does anybody have any recommendations on tires that are cheaper than nittos and Toyos That aren’t cheap Chinese junk?

sparkie likes this.
  2. Allenn

Allenn Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I’ve got around 50k miles on federal Mt’s on a couple different vehicles and they balance good. No idea where they are made

sparkie likes this.

3. jackie53

jackie53 Well-Known Member

Walmart, I don't like Walmart BUT..Have tried other Tires..Name Brand..

Walmart has a Truck Tire they don't Advertise but are unreal on price,Warranty,
    And Wear...

Think they are Called General Tires..Have to ask..And they will say o yes..Let me show you..Don't know why..
    Don't know where they are made..Best wearing Tire..For me..Get the highest ply you can Afford..

sparkie likes this.
  4. N8HARNER

N8HARNER Well-Known Member

I’ve had good luck out of my mastercrafts and they are reasonably priced.

rowdyrabbit, Onetrakd, sam and 2 others like this.
  5. JR1

JR1 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

German company. The parent company is Continental. Tires are made in the USA. Not exclusive to Walmart as they are sold everywhere from Pep Boys to Big O tires.

I ran a lot of them back before I got a truck. Never tried their truck tires.

jackie53, orangefeetdown and sparkie like this.
  6. N8HARNER

Walmart tires and marlin guns. I bet you drive a dodge too.

7. JAYBO

JAYBO Well-Known Member

Hankook dynapros have held up well on my diesel.

8. rphill

rphill Well-Known Member

Hancook Dynapro you almost can't wear them out. Not cheap but worth the $.

JAYBO, Shooter and sparkie like this.
  9. Punkinseed

Punkinseed Well-Known Member

Se ark
    Metoo. Idk where they make em?

10. N8HARNER

11. jackie53

jackie53 Well-Known Member

Yep..

12. sam

sam Grand Member

Mastercraft Courser CXT (10ply). I'm running my 3d set of them. I got 65,000 & 70,000 miles out of the last 2 sets, at least a third of those miles pulling a trailer with lots of gravel road driving, too. The first set I only got to put 20,000 on them when the truck got totaled. Never had a flat on any of them, except for the left front tire on the truck I wrecked and that was because of the wreck. I got to buying them because the pipeline guys were running them around here during the natural gas drilling days, my SIL was a pipeline inspector and they were rough on tires, it's what they used. Cooper makes them.

rowdyrabbit and N8HARNER like this.