Tips on blowing DFB!?!

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by derk8586, Dec 29, 2010.

1. derk8586

derk8586 Well-Known Member

Anyone have any good tips on blowing these keyhole style calls. ive got it down pretty good i think other than my face turning red and my head starts throbbing when i work a big group from way up high. but u can never be too good at calling ducks. thanks for any tips in advance.

2. alphamax32

alphamax32 Well-Known Member

practice practice practice......................... bring the air up from your diaphram not your throat. a cutdown call is not as easy to blow as a rnt, echo , haydel, or any other call............ it is also not a call that you are going to master straight out of the package.............. keep blowing in day in and day out and it will get easier for ya ! good luck .

3. alphamax32

seriously dude ?????????????????? the guy was asking for help , not a smart :censored:.................................

4. jcamp21

jcamp21 Well-Known Member

Yeah nice encouraging words there griff. Derk I just got one myself and can tell you that it is def gonna take some work. Oh and by the way I have blown an Olt and now this DFB not putting the olt down but the dfb is alot easier to me. Sorry I cant help you now derk but maybe someday I will get it.

5. blackcorn

blackcorn Well-Known Member

As others have stated practice, practice, and more practice. I read somewhere, that made a lot of sense, to put the air through the call like you are blowing through a straw. Also, look at the videos posted from the youtube contest and use some of them as your guide. Cody's would be a good one to try and do considering he won :idea:

Good Luck :up:

6. Coldwater

Coldwater Well-Known Member

NEA
    Forget everything you ever learned about air control with your typical duck call. Start blowing the :censored: out of it. When you start getting sound, then learn to control the air again. When I first got my DFB I hated it, now I love it.

7. alphamax32

maybe u should keep your tips to yourself.................

8. shiftymcfive01

shiftymcfive01 Super Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2013

blow from the gut with the right amount of 'umph'. as much air through as small a hole as possible. use your hand to build pressure on one end and your diaphragm to build pressure on the other.

9. browning5

browning5 Well-Known Member

3 for 3 your batting a 1000 there griff!!!!!!!:fit::fit::fit:

10. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member

NE Ark
    ... and on thin ice. :wink:

11. marionfd728

marionfd728 Well-Known Member

marion
    there are a few that need to fall through:up:

12. Doug Fryer

Doug Fryer Well-Known Member

Dang.........I thought we've been pretty civil towards one another this year compared to the past..........I've only recieved 3 points and 2 PM warnings since August.:fit::thumb::fit: