Time to start filling the Freezer with Pork

Discussion in 'Predators, Varmints, and Hogs' started by VALES, Dec 4, 2012.

1. VALES

VALES Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pretty good start...good eatin!!

2. beltcutter

beltcutter Well-Known Member

How much does he weigh?

3. VALES

VALES Well-Known Member

Not as much as i thought. I was guessing he would hit the 200 mark. He only weighed 160...think he has been chasing them sows hard and heavy...that was a thick pig for only 160lbs.

4. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark
    Great looking hog!!

If you need any tips on hog hunting I hear there's a guy on the board that goes by GotPork that might be able to help ya out. :biggrin:

5. Alpha

Alpha Member On Double Secret Probation

Yea I was figuring 225 or so when you sent me the pic!

Congrats again!:thumb:

6. VALES

VALES Well-Known Member

I taught him everything he knows....:biggrin:

7. SwampCat

SwampCat Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I am not sure I would admit that!:cool:

8. mikebri

mikebri Well-Known Member

9. VALES

VALES Well-Known Member

Well except for pen wrestling..:biggrin:

10. Tink

Tink Well-Known Member

I can't wait till I get some of the prokers!

I love Bacon!

11. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

DANG Vales! What kinda scales you usin? That has got to be 200....I have cotton scales. Maybe mine cheat? Sure could use a ham right about now!

12. VALES

VALES Well-Known Member

I was surprised too...them brand new Cabelas scales must be off a bit. He felt like 200lbs anyway. I thought i checked the zero on them but i am gonna check again tonight. I know he absorbed a 150gr. cor-lokt right behind the shoulder like it was nothing...knocked him off his feet for a minute..then he remembered where the thicket was...still made it 60 yards before i had to put another shot into him. I have a perfectly mushroomed bullet that stuck in the hide on the other side. Not a drop of blood except where i finished him..Them ol' boar hogs are tough..

13. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

Nice work!!!

14. tkcampb1

tkcampb1 Well-Known Member

I'm jealous of you guys who see and get hogs regularly. I occasionly get pics of'm but have never seen one to put in the freezer.

15. VALES

VALES Well-Known Member

O.K. just checked the scales...I am still pretty good at judging weight. The scales said 166lbs. yesterday to be exact. They are 45lbs off which puts him at 211lbs. I guessed 212 lbs yesterday which puts me one lb. off. Not bad since it has been a year since I weighed one. Not the biggest I have killed but I will take em that size all day, everyday.

16. It seems like there are a lot of folks on this forum who eats these feral hogs. Then there are many who would shoot and let them lay. I live in Logan county and have yet to see any hogs where I hunt in Mt. Magazine area. My family loves wild hogs, especially the big boars. My dad always say the bigger the better. Personally, I rather eat these wild ones then store bought pork. I mean, come on, when did the piggy go to market? 2-3 months? Injected with preservatives and coloring? I use to raise chicken comercially and trust me "naturally organic?" Since when do you see a full size chicken in 7 weeks raised the old fashioned way?

I like to thank every member on here who reports sightings and posts pix. That tells me I wont die when the apocalypse hit because I know how to live off the land! :flag:

17. VALES

VALES Well-Known Member

All i can say is "this little piggy went to the ice chest and soon to go to the freezer" I like pigs and always will.

18. Alpha

Alpha Member On Double Secret Probation

Shoot that sucka in the ear next time!

19. VALES

VALES Well-Known Member

I reserve the ear shots for my .22 magnum.

20. GotPork

GotPork Select Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>The Naked Retrei

:whistle: I got to watch him....he will shoot em out from under me!! LOL
    :smack:
    In a couple weeks when deer season closes....Im gonna show ya what all he showed me....hog carnage Everywhere!! LOL
    You'll have to come down & get your hand in on that! We are savin the 200lb boars till after deer season
    :head: Where did you get them scales.......Them Graves fellers sellin em?????:fit:
    Not Always....sometimes there's them runnin shots!!