Ticked Off!!!!!

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by SARAH, Jan 3, 2011.

1. SARAH

SARAH Well-Known Member

Ok so serveral months ago a guy I have literally known since grade school comes in to apply for a job. Well we are needing some people and he looks like he has cleaned up and gotten over some trouble he got in right outta school so I give him the benefit of the doubt and put in a word for him. Well everything starts off fine then after a couple weeks he starts calling in this and that and just generally not performing. He got let go well today he stops by a jobsite to visit and then a PO book disappears and there is a $800 miter saw charged. I am so mad I can't see straight try to be nice and give ppl the benefit of the doubt and they make you look like fools:mad:

2. arc3162

arc3162 Well-Known Member

That does make it hard to stick your neck out for anyone. Is there any proof he took that stuff?

3. SARAH

SARAH Well-Known Member

not other than it came up missing right after he left and the car they loaded it up in matched the description of one he used to drive taking copy of his dl over to store to id

4. dash4cash

dash4cash Well-Known Member

Takes all kinds to make the world go round, maybe one day he will grow up.

Carl

5. arc3162

About all you can do is call the police and file a report. They might be able to help.

6. SARAH

SARAH Well-Known Member

We did. I just can't get over how crappy that is. Guess more than anything jsut mad at myself shoulda known better than to give someone a chance I knew how he was and was stupid to believe that ppl can change for the better:down:

7. arc3162

It would have me too but you never know until you give someone the chance. I would have probably done the same thing. I am willing to give most anyone a chance. Sometimes you get burned for it. Hopefully the police will catch him with it and get your stuff back anyway.

8. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

That just awful I am sorry to hear this. Just go to his home address tonight or week from now an just take what you can. May get enough stuff you can sell an get the money back.

9. roybj

roybj Well-Known Member

I'd rather give a guy a chance and be proven a chump than to become cynical and not trust anybody. Giving people a chance is a good thing. Don't be so hard on yourself.:clap:
    P.S. That clap is for you.

10. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

X2.........Hate it happened!

11. Mossybuckkiller

Mossybuckkiller Well-Known Member

I've stuck my neck out for a family member twice and they burned me as many times. That did not stop me from giving my buddy a reference here were I work. I will trust people until they prove me wrong. Don't be upset about it the bosses know what kind of worker you are.

12. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

I knew this certain fellow, and he never seemed to me to have the best moral character....but never giving up, I said in my mind that one day he'd wake up. Well, yesterday he shot and killed his wife.:shrug:

13. Ozone

Ozone Well-Known Member

When I was younger in construction, an older contractor took me aside and gave me some advice:

Never jump to obvious conclusions.

Case in Point:

He was a fair sized contractor, who ran multiple jobs. Seems sometimes when they would hire a new fellow, a bunch of tools would soon come up missing. There would be the subsequent questioning, and letting the fellow go. This was the case for years.

One Sunday evening, a mid - level foreman came to the contractors home, and requested he come with him. Without telling where they were going, he took him to the senior foreman's home. Behind the home were one or two semi trailers, packed with nearly every tool ever taken. 20 years worth. The foreman offered no explanation, and had benefited zero from it. There families had played together, holidays, the whole nine yards.

The contractor said he couldn't find all the people to apologize to.

Now that one made no sense.......

But most of the time this scenario is not the case!