10) If the subject is none of your business. Proverbs 14:10
11) When you're tempted to lie. Proverbs 4:24
12) If your words damage reputations. Proverbs 16:27
13) If your words will destroy a friendship. Proverbs 25:28
14) When you feel critical. James 3:9
15) If you can't speak without yelling. Proverbs 25:28
16) When it's time to listen. Proverbs 13:1
17) If you may have to eat your words later. Proverbs 18:21
18) If you've already said it more than once.
Proverbs 19:13
19) when tempted to praise the wicked. Proverbs 24:24
20) When you're supposed to be working instead. Proverbs 14:23

WHOSOEVER keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps his soul from troubles. Proverbs 21:23

·
Registered
106 Posts
I’m guilty of all 20. My mom always told me “God gave you two ears and 1 mouth for a reason.” I’ve been deaf in one ear for 7 years, I guess I might’ve taken advantage of that too many times.

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My mouth has gotten me into more trouble than I can tell.

Truly the tongue is the only thing that hasn't been tamed. Since Jesus came I'm better but still fail. Frustration and discouragement drive my failures. Satan is right there feeding you lines/lies one after the other.

After God saved me and baptized me in the Holy Spirit and FIRE I learned that many thoughts ect I'd always had weren't mine at all! What a revelation!

Once while hunting across the river I was sitting on a wooded hillside waiting on a squirrel. As I sat there a voice said "why don't you put that gun barrel under your chin and pull the trigger?" Scared me so bad I got up and went home. Didn't hunt for a long time. I learned to rebuke him in Jesus name.

It's so called psychologists that are idiots. People REALLY do hear voices - they DEMONS. Get saved and filled with the Holy Spirit and FIRE and knowlege increases.

Thank God for 1John 1:9

·
Premium Member
18,208 Posts
Amen..
My mouth has gotten me into more trouble than I can tell.

Truly the tongue is the only thing that hasn't been tamed. Since Jesus came I'm better but still fail. Frustration and discouragement drive my failures. Satan is right there feeding you lines/lies one after the other.

After God saved me and baptized me in the Holy Spirit and FIRE I learned that many thoughts ect I'd always had weren't mine at all! What a revelation!

Once while hunting across the river I was sitting on a wooded hillside waiting on a squirrel. As I sat there a voice said "why don't you put that gun barrel under your chin and pull the trigger?" Scared me so bad I got up and went home. Didn't hunt for a long time. I learned to rebuke him in Jesus name.

It's so called psychologists that are idiots. People REALLY do hear voices - they DEMONS. Get saved and filled with the Holy Spirit and FIRE and knowlege increases.

Thank God for 1John 1:9

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
53,833 Posts
You can always know when you are lost...you hear the voices of demons. Conversely once saved and you have the holy Spirit living in you...the voice you hear is: The Truth, Peace, Joy, and Love!

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
53,833 Posts
P/S When you fall down and bump your head or hit your thumb with a hammer...your old mortal self may curse...but the next words out your mouth are: “oh, I’m sorry...forgive me Lord!”

1 - 7 of 7 Posts