Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with this bow season starting to wind down how did everyone do with trad gear? I was super blessed and had an awesome season. I was able to take two bucks and two does. Three with a recurve and one with a longbow. The small buck was my first urban hunt deer as well. I still have one regular season tag but the doe from earlier this week will probably wrap up the season.
Hunting Grass Fawn Smile Deer
Plant Hunting Plant community Military camouflage Vertebrate
Glasses Plant Bird Hat Flash photography
Plant Mammal Tree Fawn Deer

·
Registered
95 Posts
So with this bow season starting to wind down how did everyone do with trad gear? I was super blessed and had an awesome season. I was able to take two bucks and two does. Three with a recurve and one with a longbow. The small buck was my first urban hunt deer as well. I still have one regular season tag but the doe from earlier this week will probably wrap up the season. View attachment 343567 View attachment 343568 View attachment 343569 View attachment 343570
Very impressive season! And a nice buck on top of it all! Congrats!

·
Premium Member
33,538 Posts
Congrats..Great Season...Love bow hunting..
Urban and Regular...Bow season..
My Best Years are behind me..
Trad...and Compound....
Diabetes, Neuropathy and Arthritis are getting me..
Lost my 1St Archery Deer last year 20 years.
Can't Stand it!!

That being said.. Looking into Crossbows Hunting..
Urban and Regular...
A Big Game changer for me...

Congrats.. Enjoy while your Young...

·
Registered
871 Posts
I too killed my first with a recurve. Pack of does got spooked by something and came running in to 8 yards. Simmons tree shark had a complete pass thru and she ran about 40 and piled up. Stuck with the compound for the rest of they year, as I was working out some kinks. But it's nice to know I can kill one with the recurve if I take it!!
Bird Beak Feather Terrestrial animal Soil

·
Registered
993 Posts
I too killed my first with a recurve. Pack of does got spooked by something and came running in to 8 yards. Simmons tree shark had a complete pass thru and she ran about 40 and piled up. Stuck with the compound for the rest of they year, as I was working out some kinks. But it's nice to know I can kill one with the recurve if I take it!! View attachment 343688
I’ve been very curious about this broadhead. Awesome kill

·
Registered
488 Posts
Didn’t kill a deer this year with my bow! Had a few exciting hunts though.

In February a friend and I went on a group hunt in Texas with 6 other guys from Tradgang. All longbows and recurves. 5 days hunting a 2500 acre ranch just outside of Laredo For javelina and wild hogs. I managed to arrow 2 javelina , my friend got one, another old geezer killed 2. 3 other guys all missed opportunities…one guy shot 4 times one day.

A couple of the guys were stalking hogs at night and managed to kill 3. They were hardcore killers, stalking to within 10 yds in the dark in their stocking feet! I bet they are still pulling cactus thorns out of their feet. One of the hog killers got a javi too.

My buddy built me a new takedown longbow right before that trip. It shoots great and I was happy to get it properly broke in! It was a target rich environment with a lot of excitement everyday. We are already on the list to repeat that trip next February!

z

1 - 12 of 12 Posts