This weekend

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by jblack, Nov 28, 2012.

1. jblack

jblack Well-Known Member

Anyone hunting Winona this weekend? Anyone hunting this weekend? I know the deer movement moon calendar doesn't have many stars, but the farmers almanac says this is the weekend to go?

What is everyone thoughts?

john

2. Zach Jaynes

Zach Jaynes Active Member

My thoughts are the deer movement calendar doesn't hold much credibility with me. Today showed to be outstanding and my uncle hunted this morning in a spot were he absolutely should have seen lots of activity if they were moving at all and he didn't. He only hunted early though and I wonder if they moved good during midday. They likely moved last night with the near full moon and clear skies. The moon should have been straight over head around 11-12 last night, so they may have moved/fed good around lunch time today but who knows with these crazy critters? Anyone hunt midday today?
    Now, the tropical temps forecasted for this weekend will likely play a huge role (negatively I'm afraid) in the deer movement. I hope it doesn't, but I'm afraid it may be fairly slim this weekend. :(

3. medic22180

medic22180 Well-Known Member

I hunted mid day not hide nor hair seen

4. joedirt

joedirt Well-Known Member

Conway
    Headed up for the final weekend of modern gun in zone 3 this weekend. Can't see em if you're not in the woods!:thumb:

5. deer14

deer14 Well-Known Member

Shore seems like the rut this year was way outta wack. I finally put up my stand today/ still not holding ma breath.

6. wingjunke

wingjunke Well-Known Member

I have checked my camera everyday since monday. Great movement in the late afternoon with especially yesterday and today. Mid day has not produced a lot of activity. I expect the late afternoons will be great movement times fir the rest of the week and this weekend. Cross my fingers!!!!