This place is confusing -

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by ducdoc, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ducdoc

ducdoc Well-Known Member

There are many items associated with duck hunting - waders, shotguns, boats, dogs, motors, decoys

The F&F boat thread is up ----If you ask which new boat or want to discuss why someone buys a duck boat and then sells it it gets moved or locked ---

Want to discuss using an over and under shotgun for duck hunting? No Problem! Ask for advice on WHICH new shotgun to buy for duck hunting and ZAP IT IS GONE!!

Someone be sure to delete any retriever and LICENSE threads too!! :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack:

Ahhhh the power of internet monitoring

We should also consider whether or not a GOOSE call thread should be allowed on the WATER FOWL board --- seems just as irrelevent as boats, guns and dogs :rolleyes:

2. BandedWoodrow

BandedWoodrow Well-Known Member

This thread should be moved to the Campfire section.

3. Razorback123

Razorback123 Super Member<br>The Original BBDH

yep..... what woodrow said

4. Passthrough

Passthrough Account Suspended

Don't worry, Im quite confident that having to delete and move threads will get old very quickly to the powers that be and the entire waterfowl forum will be gone. :thumb:

5. blowdown

blowdown Well-Known Member

good. place is a train wreck.

6. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark
    This man speaks wisely beyond his years. :thumb:

We are just trying to decide whether it will be the dog forum or the waterfowl forum that goes first.

7. shiftymcfive01

shiftymcfive01 Super Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2013

8. BandedWoodrow

BandedWoodrow Well-Known Member

9. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    I guess if you really don't like how this place is run the log out button is in the top right hand corner. I'm sure there's somewhere on the internet you can take "refuge" and talk all the smack you want to. :up:

10. ducdoc

ducdoc Well-Known Member

In my most polite voice - What is smack about ANY of my posts/questions? One boat thread is up and it is bad mouthing a manufacturer. Another thread asks, Why do some people buy expensive duck boats and turn right around and sell them and that thread gets closed - twice? I want to know why fellow duck hunters are selling brand spanking new equipment

I just don't understand the "standards" by which topics are judged and removed - for example: A DUCK HUNTER had his boat trailer stolen while duck hunting. That is a topic that by reason should be placed on the waterfowl forum because that is where people (fellow duck hunters) are going to see it and respond ---

"I wish GoPro made a gun mount" is still up while "iPhone mount" is closed. Lots of duck hunters want to know how to mount their GPS enabled iPhones to their boats

What is the criteria here?

"What is a 25 hp Evinrude worth?" That belongs in the waterfowl forum because a die hard duck hunter is going to know the value of a 25hp outboard and is a legitimate waterfowl discussion

Again- What is the criteria? and what is wrong with the above threads that they were moved/closed when they were 1) non contoversial and 2) 100% waterfowl related?

When I want to know what you carry in your blind bag I'll look you up on the fuge - :up:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  11. nturchi

nturchi Well-Known Member

I would think the numbers of user's and sponsor's would drastically drop if the waterfowl forum was removed compared to the dog forum.

12. nturchi

nturchi Well-Known Member

they are moved so on arhunting.net you experience more than just the waterfowl forum would be my guess.

13. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    If you will look instead of jumping to conclusions you will see that the threads were MOVED to forums that Site Staff felt they would be more appropriate in. No threads were closed. The waterfowl forum seems to turn into a general BS forum so when attention is brought to this thread thru some of the stupidity that seems to run rampant in this particular forum from time to time Site Staff starts looking at things a little closer and cleans up the forum.

If you guys would police your selves most of the Site Staff would probably never visit this forum.

Don't bring problems on your selves and then complain when we clean it up.

14. Ryan_289

Ryan_289 Well-Known Member

If I want something to stay in the waterfowl forum I usually include the word "duck" in the title. Instead of "I wish go pro made a gun mount" Say "I wish go pro made a gun mount for DUCK HUNTING"

I agree. If I post something in the waterfowl forum its because thats the readers I want responses from. Not in the trucks section for 1 person to read.

15. Ole Stumpy

Ole Stumpy Well-Known Member

Who is this guy? :head:

16. ducdoc

ducdoc Well-Known Member

I never saw a problem :confused:

Maybe "Site Staff" moderators of the waterfowl forum should be duck hunters 1st, moderators 2nd then they would see the relevance, but it is the random selectivity that I don't understand --- I guess it's just a power trip for some
    ----- sometimes duck hunters BS with each other too ---:thumb:

17. Razorback123

Razorback123 Super Member<br>The Original BBDH

Why do you keep stirring the pot..? You just started a new thread that had already been moved I'm just gonna guess that the mods moved it for a reason.

18. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    Sorry but the word "duck" isn't an automatic pass.

If anything, that sometimes attracts more attention to someone trying to slip something by.

19. Ryan_289

Ryan_289 Well-Known Member

I get that. Its just that when I have a boat question or a gun question that specifically pertains to duck hunting I want it in a forum that will target the intended audience. The threads get moved from the intended forum that gets hundreds of views to a forum that gets only a handfull.

We arent trying to "slip" something by. Its where they were intended to be.

20. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    There are threads moved every day from all forums, you guys that only hang out here just never see them, you just see the threads that are moved from this forum.

Keep the forum under control and we won't be in here bothering you. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.