Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got up before daylight this morning & went to one of my spots,,climbed the tree & sat awhile..Saw a few deer but no bucks..Skeeters were on the warpath,,thank God for the Thermacell..Climbed down about 9 or so..Decided to stop & have a look~see at my best bowhunting spot on my way back down the river..It's only about a hundred yard walk to my tree so I snuck in there,,had a quick peek & as I turned to go back to the boat I see a black bear walking the river bank..2nd one I've seen over the past 5 years or so..My son & I did find a set of tracks about a mile up river last month so I figure it was the same bear..Pretty good sized too..When he/she got to the boat it spooked & ran on down river..This one didn't scare me to bad but that 1st one a few years back dang ni gave me a heart attack..It was bad windy that mornin so I climbed down about 8:30,,was sqatted down at the base of my tree strapping my Ol Man together,,looked up & there it was at 15 yards eating stiped oak acorns..Had it's back to me,,I stepped behind my tree,,shouldered my stand & with an arrow nocked I snuck out of there never taking my eyes off the bruin except long enough to see where my next foot would hit earth..When I got to about 50 yards I went from stealth mode to get the HELLO out of here mode lol..The bear never saw,,heard,,or smelled me..Scared the crap out of me though..They don't look quite the same in the wild as they do in the Crossett zoo lol...I'll probably walk up on that one I saw this mornin before daylight come Octimber & vapor lock...Ohhh well,,reckin there's nothin left to do but grin & BEAR it cause I'm goin huntin ( & hopefully I'll leave the ol bear a gutpile or 4 )....:thumb:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dude, if its bear season smack-um! Let that Hoyt bow play some "string music"!!!!:up:
Shoot,,these ol Feds in my redneck of the woods won't let us whack a bruin..That'd be near about as bad as killin one of their sacred peckerwoods :smack:..I'm told that every bear they've released down here has a radio tracking doodad implanted in em...I know I've seen a Fed truck a time or 2 with a big antenna on top of the cab am pretty sure that they're tracking the bears...I just hope I don't have another point blank encounter with one,,they got bigger claws & teeth than an ol whitetail...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.