This has nothing to do with hunting.

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by bigworm, Dec 25, 2010.

1. bigworm

bigworm Well-Known Member

Something just drives me insane. most hunters realize that they are hunting and enjoying God's creation. i see all over this board "merry Xmas!" this statement makes me wanna puke. do you not realize what this statement represents? it is just a subtle way of removing "Christ" from Christmas. it's not shorthand. it's exactly what it says: Christmas without Christ. It just don't make sense to me. if i offended you, i'm not sorry.

2. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

I noticed that too. I dont know if people do it on purpose though. I agree with you 100%.

3. popgun

popgun Well-Known Member

Before criticizing maybe you should look it up.
    It's not as bad as you make it seem.
    Merry Xmas. Merry Christmas...
    ....popgun

4. Clayb710

Clayb710 Well-Known Member

I totally agree bigworm!

5. sartorious

sartorious Well-Known Member

Popgun is right and I'll help you a little. X is the Greek letter for Chi, which represents Christ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Hip

Hip Well-Known Member

im not greek, when i say CHRISTmas, i say CHRISTmas. no x, no foriegn language, just my saviors name

7. 10pointman

10pointman Waterfowl forum Sheriff<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Co Staff Member

It seems like your making a big deal out of.......Well,Just lazy typers.In my case anyway,I'm just lazy.Has nothing to do with taking Christ out of Christmas.

8. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

I like thanksgiving better more food an cheaper. :skeptical:

9. hunter34

hunter34 Member<br>2014-15 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

christ knows exactly what u are saying im pretty sure he knows wheather its greek or american.I believe if you are happy its christmas and want too celebrate it than do it weather u spell it xmas or christmas.:idea:

10. jsilver919

jsilver919 Well-Known Member

i agree with 10ptman i think its just lazy typers.

now if you had said the "happy holidays" CRAP i would agree 100%

just my:twocents:

11. Vetrock

Vetrock Well-Known Member

When you read the following statement, what do you say? "why dont you "X" it out?" Most people read it as "why don't you "cross" it out.

"X" is a symbol of a cross. In fact, crosses came in 3 forms, a little "t" (the most commonly depicted), a capital "T", and an "X" shape.

As was stated earlier - X is a symbol in the Greek that was commonly understood to represent the person, Jesus Christ.

Typing "Xmas" can be a form of worship instead of an insult. It makes you think about what the "X" actually means. Jesus Christ died on a "X" for you and me.

Just a different perspective.

12. THExONE

THExONE Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting

Shocking another thread for someone to complain about the way someone else does something.

x-mas is simply shorthand. It has nothing to do with the removal of Christ.

I am sorry that others being lazy offends you though. If you are offended so easily you may not want to read anymore internet message boards because I have seen several things more offensive than this. I am sure this is offending you as I write.

13. popgun

popgun Well-Known Member

I also do not mean to offend, but I am not offended by the word Xmas.
    Christ was a title meaning Messiah. His name was Jesus.
    If you wish to call this special holiday Jesusmas, or Messiahmas, it is fine with me as long as you truly remember the reason for the season.
    It was much later after the crucifixion and the resurrection that Christ became synonymous with the name Jesus.
    Remember Christmas would mean nothing if it were not for Easter.

....popgun

14. Gemini2281

Gemini2281 Moderator<br>Help Forum<br>

If you want to remember the true reason for the season, do a little research on Pagan feasts and festivals. ;)

15. popgun

popgun Well-Known Member

Do you really think the Bible was first written in English?
    Do you really think that Jesus spoke English?
    Yahweh, Jehovah, Jesus, The Son of God, Christ, Lord of Host.
    They are all the same to me.
    ....popgun

16. Mongoose

Mongoose Well-Known Member

I personally always have and always will take a few extra seconds to type or write Christmas instead of xmas. Regardless of other's intent, I don't like to see the word xmas.

17. richter

richter Well-Known Member

Petty

Hey, did you guys know there is a war going on in the Middle East?

18. Hip

Hip Well-Known Member

do you really think i will change what offends me cause they are all the same to you?

and at what point have i ever said Jesus spoke english? I said "I," unless you are confusing me with Jesus , then you make no sense

19. Gemini2281

Gemini2281 Moderator<br>Help Forum<br>

Well played, sir. :up:

20. austincrutchfield

austincrutchfield Well-Known Member

I prefer to see Christmas but X-mas dont offend me

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010