This Christmas vs. Last Christmas

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by SARAH, Dec 22, 2010.

1. SARAH

SARAH Well-Known Member

This is kinda long but just wanted to share. This exact same time last year my husband had lost his job and was fighting for unemployment we were living off my paycheck only and barely making it, my FIL was still suffering the ravages of chemo and radiation and wasn't even able to eat and I had went to the dollar store christmas eve and cleaned them out on clearance toys so our son wouldn't think Santa forgot him:frown: Oh ya and my husbands truck had just been repossessed.I remember crying wrapping the gifts that night thinking my son would be disappointed. That was about the time I realized it was times like that when you just gotta lean on Him,I decided to rededicate my life to the Lord and actually studying my bible for guidance and really desiring to grow in my walk with Jesus. It is amazing the blessing that have came our way since we have started actually praying and trusting in him to lead us. This year is a lot better we both have jobs we enjoy and don't dread going to work, my FIL is in remission and doing tons better and we were even able to get my son the gun he really wanted and a few extras. Anways as I was leaving the house this morning and saw the gifts all under the tree just reminded me of how thankful I am for the blessings that have been bestowed on us this past year and hope everyone has a very Merry and Blessed Christmas.

2. Sylamore

Sylamore Super Moderator Staff Member

Thank You for sharing with us. Marry Christmas and God Bless You!

3. LedZhead20

LedZhead20 Well-Known Member

Wow. Thanks for sharing this story. Merry CHRISTmas to you and your family

4. .270Win

.270Win Super Moderator<br>Forum Sponsor<br>'07 Deer Hunti

That's a great reminder that I'm sure most of us needed to read. :thumb:

.270Win

5. bett_lou

bett_lou Moderator<br>Campfire<br>Humor & Games<br>'07 Deer

I second that. Merry Christmas dear!

6. Tony Harris

Tony Harris Super Moderator<br>2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Wi Staff Member

I love to hear stories like this. It reminds me of my childhood and how the good Lord blessed us. Maybe we didn't get everything on a list but we got what was needed and survived. I am still the most blessed guy in my eyes.

'Thanks be to God for his unspeakable gift'

Merry Christmas one and all!

7. dsmtuner1

dsmtuner1 Well-Known Member

Sometimes we don't realize how good we got it, till it's stripped from us. Enjoy the blessings this year, but most importantly enjoy the priceless lesson learned throughout this year. To cling to Jesus and put hope in him while growing in your relationship with him! Hope in Christ is one thing this world can't strip from you.

8. snydedawg

snydedawg Well-Known Member

God bless you and yours this season and all to come, SARAH!!!!

I think back to years past when I felt the same way and would feel terrible....worrying that I had shorted my kids and their hopes and expectations .. now I think those were some of the most miraculous of Christmas memories!!

Thank you for sharing this with all of us.

9. Nuge Fan

Nuge Fan Well-Known Member

awesome, great story. thanks for sharing

10. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas Sarah:up: Thank you sharing that with us, it's always good to be reminded of how very fortunate we are:up:

11. black brant

black brant Well-Known Member

merry christmas! hope you get that ten point!:wink:

12. jhw

jhw Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas! May God bless you and yours.

13. Triple Threat

Triple Threat Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas!

14. jsilver919

jsilver919 Well-Known Member

thanks for sharing. merry christmas:up:

15. jas870

jas870 Super Member<br>2012-13 Bowhunting Contest Winner

Merry Christmas Sarah! Thanks for sharing!

16. antler3

antler3 Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas to you and your family and God Bless you.

17. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

Thank you for sharing that, Sarah. God will truly take care of us if we'll let him. God bless you and your family, and I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas!!!

18. lil froggy

lil froggy Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas and thanks for sharing! God Bless.

19. Hudge

Hudge Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing! And God does work in mysterious ways.

20. biggobs

biggobs Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas Sarah. God is good isn't he!!!!