Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I absolutely hate going to a place of business (Wal-Mart for example) and having to ask to buy handgun ammunition because it is kept behind the counter under lock and key, but you can buy .300 Win. Mag., .30-06, 12 GA. slugs & buckshot, etc. right off the dang shelf.:mad: I feel like this is just another attempt at gun control. Furthermore I hate giving any of my outdoor business to Wal-Mart. They act like they want your business for outdoor sports, but then they never carry anything that I want or need. Then if you do buy a gun from them they have a manager walk you to the front door and out of the store before they give you the gun, cause they act like your going to go postal! Never mind that you are carrying a concealed weapon in the danged place. Fort Thompson's is the only place that I have been to lately, where you don't have to ask permission to buy handgun ammo. Sorry about the rant, but I just had to vent. :soapbox:

Thanks for listening.

JR

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
I absolutely hate going to a place of business (Wal-Mart for example) and having to ask to buy handgun ammunition because it is kept behind the counter under lock and key, but you can buy .300 Win. Mag., .30-06, 12 GA. slugs & buckshot, etc. right off the dang shelf.:mad: I feel like this is just another attempt at gun control. Furthermore I hate giving any of my outdoor business to Wal-Mart. They act like they want your business for outdoor sports, but then they never carry anything that I want or need. Then if you do buy a gun from them they have a manager walk you to the front door and out of the store before they give you the gun, cause they act like your going to go postal! Never mind that you are carrying a concealed weapon in the danged place. Fort Thompson's is the only place that I have been to lately, where you don't have to ask permission to buy handgun ammo. Sorry about the rant, but I just had to vent. :soapbox:

Thanks for listening.

JR
JR,

I hear ya brother. I guess that's the one thing I liked about MT. The guns and ammo were both out in the open for you to pick up.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,030 Posts
Get yaself a 300winmag and a 12ga shotgun and saw the stocks and barrels off:biggrin:

·
Administrator
81,378 Posts
I HOPE you see his smiley face... Don't want you to get a 10 year free vacation in Club Fed!!

·
Registered
11,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, don't worry about me, I wouldn't do something that stupid. I'll leave that to the gangbangers & thugs.

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
I have become quite the expert in guiding the sales clerk to the correct box of shells i need under the counter........because when you tell them everytime it goes like this:

Me : "Box of .40 caliber blazer brass, please"

clerk "Ok"

after a few seconds of awkwardly looking around under the cabinent....

Me: "To your left, a little more, ok down to the second shelf, center, the brown colored box, nope the other box to your left"

clerk: "i need to see your ID Please"

me: :mad:

·
Administrator
81,378 Posts
No one ever asks for my ID... :biggrin:

500 rounds of .40 SW yesterday afternoon quicker than I could drive to Wal Mart.

·
Registered
10,493 Posts
About the only thing you can pick up off the shelf at the local Walmart are turkey loads and skeet loads. Everything else is behind the counter. The only time they have rifle ammo out is the month or so before deer season starts.
At the local gun shop everything is out where you can put a hand on it. That's the way I like a store to be.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts

Thanks for listening.

JR
The only thing worse is trying to buy a can of snuff at the checkout. That one really gets my blood to boiling. Try telling the lady which can it is when you can't go back there and show her. I will quit now because that really get's me worked up.

·
Registered
11,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, I don't see them keeping the kitchen knives & other utensils under lock and key, and the last time I check they don't card you for buying a claw hammer or any power tools, and people have been killed with those instruments.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,030 Posts
I have become quite the expert in guiding the sales clerk to the correct box of shells i need under the counter........because when you tell them everytime it goes like this:

Me : "Box of .40 caliber blazer brass, please"

clerk "Ok"

after a few seconds of awkwardly looking around under the cabinent....

Me: "To your left, a little more, ok down to the second shelf, center, the brown colored box, nope the other box to your left"

clerk: "i need to see your ID Please"

me: :mad:
Just walk through the fishing section, get a 5' rod, walk over to the ammo counter, find your brand, and while poking the box, just say I want dis right here:fit:

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
No one ever asks for my ID... :biggrin:

500 rounds of .40 SW yesterday afternoon quicker than I could drive to Wal Mart.
I like your Dillion's. As soon as the wife ain't looking, I'm going to bolt one to my reloading table and see if she notice's.:rolleyes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts