Think you have trouble with road hunters.

Discussion in 'General Hunting Topics' started by steve72444, Nov 29, 2012.

1. steve72444

steve72444 Well-Known Member

I saw this sign on US30 in Iowa right before I crossed over into Nebraska. Unbelievable...

Attached Files:

2. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark

3. allyellow

allyellow Well-Known Member

Surprised someone hasn't shot the sign.

4. Arkansas Archer

Arkansas Archer Well-Known Member

People pheasant hunt the road ditches all the time. You wouldn't think that would be legal, go figure.

5. JasonS

JasonS Well-Known Member

It's NOT. People just get away with it because there are so few wardens and you can see for miles if anyone is coming.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Unless the law has been changed,it is legal in Iowa to hunt the road ditches.I used to go to Iowa pheasant hunting and we walked fields and road hunted.We were checked by wardens more than once and never had a problem.

7. snydedawg

snydedawg Well-Known Member

It's legal to road hunt in SD as well... FIl just got back.... you have thirty feet from centerline to stay legal.. after that if ya drop one you have to ground your gun to retrieve it.

Also... can't shoot with the door open if the engine is running... figure that one out........

8. QuarterBore

QuarterBore Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was thinking.

9. bloody acorns

bloody acorns Well-Known Member

Those folks in SD have it down shut it off slam door and start hammering - you can shoot a bird over private property but must leave your gun in the ditch while you retrieve it - crazy but its a fact