Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During muzzleloader season I stepped out to pee off the porch one morning around 445.. heard a noise some animal was making out behind the barn.. asked my uncle who has lived in the area since he was born, and even he couldn't figure it out..

His daughter sent me this video asking if this is the noise we heard and said her dad said it sounded just like this..

:smack:

[video]https://www.facebook.com/keithwarrenoutdoors/videos/10153629566325502/?autoplay_reason=all_page_organic_allowed&video_container_type=0[/video]

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the noise we heard sounded just like this... I'll put a camera out and see if something shows up..

Don't know of any other animal that makes a noise like that.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Yah, remember that sound when i was a kid. Had one come thru by house one night. Sounded like a woman screaming for her life. Pops went out w a shotgun and a light but never saw anything. Was spooky bc literally sounded like a woman getn killed or somethin.

·
Registered
10,367 Posts
A fox barking has a pretty intimidating sound. It's nothing like a women's scream but more like a demon possessed rat terrier. Had one scare my 90 lb dog back into the house one evening.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,527 Posts
Heard that sound along Tulip Creek one morning while hunting with my son and his Grandfather....we thought someone had fallen or was hanging from their treestand. We all three went looking in that direction and the screaming stopped. Everyone in the camps around agreed it was a Mountain Lion!

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
In all my years in the woods only heard that sound once. Was back in the early 80's. I was guiding s cast for the UKC world coon hunting championship in the White Rivet bottoms. We had some of the best and toughest coon hounds in the world with us that night. The biggest, baddest bore coon in the woods didn't stand a chance. What ever it was that started screaming turned that pack of dogs into timid lap dogs. They wanted no part of and to be honest neither did we. World class dogs would not hardly get out from under foot. We called time, made a move and all was OK then. Cannot say for sure what it was. Never heard it before nor never after. But to do what it did to them dogs that night told me it was something out of the norm.

·
Registered
30,666 Posts
Here we go!............

We've had tracks for years, small and large together. We've seen one at least twice, both times too fast to get a gun up. We've heard it often. "It" or "them", whichever. I'm about 10 miles south of John Stiles' house.

Clearly they are here. Not by the millions, but here. Along with bears by the bazillions, seen and evidence for some time. Lots and lots of bears.

Lions and hogs and bears, Oh My!

Reactions: John Stiles

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,527 Posts
Here we go!............

We've had tracks for years, small and large together. We've seen one at least twice, both times too fast to get a gun up. We've heard it often. "It" or "them", whichever. I'm about 10 miles south of John Stiles' house.

Clearly they are here. Not by the millions, but here. Along with bears by the bazillions, seen and evidence for some time. Lots and lots of bears.

Lions and hogs and bears, Oh My!
Down on the west fork of Tulip Creek is where I heard and saw tracks from a ML, but the AGFC claimed it was somebody's escaped pet!:shrug:

·
Registered
30,666 Posts
Down on the west fork of Tulip Creek is where I heard and saw tracks from a ML, but the AGFC claimed it was somebody's escaped pet!:shrug:
Yeah, such is the same thing Wildman Wilson told me, sitting in our kitchen at camp. I asked him if that meant it was tame and I shouldn't worry?

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Fox kinda has a hoarse cough of a bark. Used to see them a lot.
Coon hunted for 20 years, they can sound nasty but not nearly as loud as the screaming cougar.
I know less about bobcats than you all do. Ive only seen a couple of them but cant see them being nearly as loud as a cougar.
I like the idea of cougars coming back some. Kill some of them yotes and pigs for us but hope they leave the fawns and poults alone!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.