Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Be careful the thieves are out for a New Year bonus! My buddy & I were planning on going duck hunting this morning at Bayou Meto, then bowhunt after our duck hunt. So needless to say we had our gear in the truck ready to go. He lives in a real nice neighrborhood in NLR. A place where you think things wouldnt happen. Well I called him this morning to make sure he was awake at 3 am. I got a phone call about 15 minutes later from him. He said go back to sleep all our crap got jacked! They took his bowtech bow in its case, handheld gps, Hodgeman duramag waders, Rem 870 Mag, cd's (about 500 of them), stereo, hunting backpack with inflatable dekes in it, and my brand new Pearson Z34 bow fully decked out! There is nothing more in this world that I hate more than a lowlife thief!! There have been several break ins around my area in Park Hill as well! I'm fixing to start bating these idiots since hunting season is coming close to an end next month. I got something for them!! They obviously are just breaking in windows and toolboxes with a crow bar. So as a warning keep one in the pipe warmed up for these SOB 's!! :mad: :banghead:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Well, of course it happens in nice neighborhoods. If you were a thief, wouldn't you go for homes where you thought rich people lived?

I am now paranoid to the extreme when it comes to my property. Except for my carry piece, all my firearms are always securely locked in a gun safe. I never leave anything valuable in my truck in anticipation of an early morning hunting trip. I also have six dogs who will bark like :censored: if anyone approaches my house, which will bring the armed response of their owner.

We should all expect things to get worse before they get better and remember that (except for cash or jewelry) thieves value guns above just about anything else.

·
Premium Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
6,049 Posts
Man I hope you get your stuff back- a few folks got hit hard this year at camp, one feller had everything hunting related stole out of his camper, then he had traded for a 4wheel drive truck and had it on a car lot in Ms and it got stole the 1st night now I heard his son just got jacked out of his 25 Evenrude off his War Eagle- Its camoed by War Eagle if anyone runs into one cheap! It was jacked in Sheridan! Is it economics, is it meth is it kids get raised believing its better to steal from anyone than to WORK and earn what you want! I hate a idiot that has no problem stealing something! I dont care if its a quater or a car, it just aint right!!!!:banghead:

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I learned my lesson earlier this year got stuff stolen out of my truck I left it unlocked but wont anymore and all my stuff comes in esp on holidays and weekends.......hope you find the bastards that took your stuff and if you do kick them in the nuts for me :up:

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,527 Posts
I keep a round in the pipe of several arms....magazines stuffed tight too...I don't mind shootin somebody.....all my stuff is junk, but it's mine, and I will guard my stuff with extreme prejudice! AWTTWIS!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
i here ya

I had my camping chair stolen out of the back of my truck while hunting in the national forest. I mean you gotten one at walmart for about ten bucks, but I quess they wanted mine more:smack::head:

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
I have been leaving my good G and H decoys in the bed of my truck . To lazy to get them out each day. I will probably pay for this someday. Just got back from the grocery store and first thing I did was looked to see if they were there and they was. I think thieves should have there fingers cut off for the first offense and then there arms etc. or just shoot them I dont care. I hate sorry people who steal.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
With all todays technology seems it would be possible to have vehicles equiped with hidden cameras cheap enough. Or electrical shockers if someone touches them. Wish somebody would come up with something to catch the thieves ... what goes round comes round but in the meantime we've lost all our stuff :mad: I hada feeder stolen this year and a rangefinder and some camo ground blinds :censored::mad::mad:

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
With all todays technology seems it would be possible to have vehicles equiped with hidden cameras cheap enough. Or electrical shockers if someone touches them. Wish somebody would come up with something to catch the thieves ...
I think a bear trap that wont release for about 30 miles down the road would do for me......I'll spring for the gas no pun intended

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I went to get my climber off of a tree yesterday and some a$$hole had cut my lock and taken my climber that I've had for about 10 years. I've got several out including a groundblind so and hopefully they'll be there when I go get them. I've got a few stands hanging and have removed the rapid rails. I'm thinking of only going this route for leaving stands in the woods. This just pisses me off! :mad: I'm losing faith in "hunters". It's no wonder we're looked down upon by so many because so many of us are such pieces of crap. You can't trust no one, especially when nobody's lookin'.

·
Registered
505 Posts
let me tell you about "thieves".....

march of last year i had 4 weedeatters and two blowers stolen out of my yard.

then almost two weeks later my truck-

almost eleven grand in cash stolen!

i got the truck back but it isnt the same the bank gave me my money back but had to deal with letters from all the places the guy used my checks at, and was put into checks system that took 3 weeks to clear up!!!

total stolen---almost $70,000.00

he got 10 years but only has to serve 1 year then is free
it was his second offense!!!

pays me restitution of 4500 dollars at 50 bucks a month.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I've been lucky thus far but its been a bad year for my cousin. His Lock-on stand that I killed a good 7 pt buck with bow out of got stolen. He fell asleep in his truck at Mack's Prairie wings and had two blind bags stolen (he had taken his calls and Oakley sunglasses out thankfully). Then he went to hunt with a friend only to wake up to find that his buddy's shed was broken into taken 3 or 4 guns one being his shotgun, blind bags, and one guys gas out of his tank and a cup of change out of his truck. He has had a pretty rough year thus far. I just hope they catch some of these guys that are doing this stuff

·
Banned
7,034 Posts
With all todays technology seems it would be possible to have vehicles equiped with hidden cameras cheap enough. Or electrical shockers if someone touches them. Wish somebody would come up with something to catch the thieves ... what goes round comes round but in the meantime we've lost all our stuff :mad: I hada feeder stolen this year and a rangefinder and some camo ground blinds :censored::mad::mad:
If you got the money it is there. This old fart greenie activist got nailed keying a hummer with hidden cameras last year. Saw himself on the news and turned himself in.:clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPyYZ52IXYg

·
Registered
3,391 Posts

i got the truck back but it isnt the same the bank gave me my money back but had to deal with letters from all the places the guy used my checks at, and was put into checks system that took 3 weeks to clear up!!!

I'd tell them to keep the $4500 and give me a few minutes with a ball peen hammer and we would be even

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Be careful the thieves are out for a New Year bonus! My buddy & I were planning on going duck hunting this morning at Bayou Meto, then bowhunt after our duck hunt. So needless to say we had our gear in the truck ready to go. He lives in a real nice neighrborhood in NLR. A place where you think things wouldnt happen. Well I called him this morning to make sure he was awake at 3 am. I got a phone call about 15 minutes later from him. He said go back to sleep all our crap got jacked! They took his bowtech bow in its case, handheld gps, Hodgeman duramag waders, Rem 870 Mag, cd's (about 500 of them), stereo, hunting backpack with inflatable dekes in it, and my brand new Pearson Z34 bow fully decked out! There is nothing more in this world that I hate more than a lowlife thief!! There have been several break ins around my area in Park Hill as well! I'm fixing to start bating these idiots since hunting season is coming close to an end next month. I got something for them!! They obviously are just breaking in windows and toolboxes with a crow bar. So as a warning keep one in the pipe warmed up for these SOB 's!! :mad: :banghead:
I used to live there, now I live in the country.:biggrin:

·
Registered
3,618 Posts

The judicial system in this state is the problem! I worked for the department of corrections for 7 years and when guys like it better in there than on the street it is bad. If it was like it was about 20 years ago and let the officers beat the crap out of these guys this stuff might slack off some!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Did ya'll see on the news, it was I think Friday or Sat. in Cabot, where someone tried to steal a man's trailer out of his driveway and the homeowner shot the would be thief. They said they were possibly going to charge the homeowner because you couldn't protect property with force, only protect a life with force?? Something like that, anyway, that is messed up!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.