Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finally got to hunt after work sat. first time to use a thermacell i am sold on it. no skeeters make for a more enjoyable hunt. seen 3 does this morning but just out of range.:clap:

·
Moderator<br>Help Forum<br>
792 Posts
I just ordered a whole case of replacement bottles and pads. I hunted every day since the opener, and haven't gotten a single bite.
Last season I bought one of the big refill packs. Something like 3 or 4 bottles and a whole stack of replacement cards. I've only used 2 bottles since I bought it. Seems to sip on the butane pretty slowly.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Amen. Used my thermacell for the first time this weekend and will not go in the woods again without it. The walk from the stand to the 4-wheeler, I thought I was going to get carried away, but in the stand not a mosquito around. Definitely worth the money!!!

·
Registered
367 Posts
I was so mad this afternoon when I could not find mine. I hunted anyway without it and quit after a half hour because I was just giving blood. I think it is in my turkey vest from last season,,,but I will not go out again without it!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Yuppers it works, couldn't find mine until friday, hunted Wed afternoon and got ate up with skeeters and the so i wouldn't make that much movement in the stand i had my camo rail covers on with zip ties and cut down and makes a great scratcher with little movement...ne ways found it took it out with me friday and no skeeters and killed that lil 5pt....it's gonna go with me as long as them skeeters keep biting...Have any of ya'll used it with scents??

·
Super Moderator
9,447 Posts
I like to use the 98.11% deet Sportsmen spray. It is only $4.87 a bottle, and it works beautifully. I hunted last week, and didn't have one bug land on me.
Yeah, the deet works great too...BUT STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN and you have to get that stuff all over you which if you put it on your skin, it clogs your pores and makes you way hotter in these early season hunts. But you are right, it does work.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I love the thing, had deer all around the tree the stand is on, behind infront, never winded it, or it didn't alarm them. No skeeters either. But for some reason it really uses the butane, like one refill a day, and thats like 6 hours or so of hunting. I went yesterday afternoon, about 3 hours and it's half empty, do ya'lls use that much??

·
Moderator<br>Help Forum<br>
792 Posts
I love the thing, had deer all around the tree the stand is on, behind infront, never winded it, or it didn't alarm them. No skeeters either. But for some reason it really uses the butane, like one refill a day, and thats like 6 hours or so of hunting. I went yesterday afternoon, about 3 hours and it's half empty, do ya'lls use that much??
Mine uses very little butane. I used it one day for about 8 hours straight and it might have used 1/4 of a bottle.

·
Registered
345 Posts
mine uses very little butane. maybe yours is defective. i would email the compnay and maybe they will send you a new one. i have had good luck by contacting manufacturers when i have a problem with thier product. they like to know that stuff too.

·
Member<br>2008 Deerhunting Contest Team Winner
340 Posts
Mine uses about one bottle in 8-10 hours. THey dont last long enough to use the pads that they come with, i know that. I just got a whole case of refills when i came home for lunch. I can hunt again!

·
Banned
7,034 Posts
Have had my thermacell for 4 or 5 years, love it.
Started a 4.5 day hunt wed evening and the skeeters were real bad, luckily I had the thermacell and didnt get a bite one once it kicked in. Second evening the striker on the thermacell quit working:mad:, skeeters tore me up. Still have welts on my neck from getting bit so much. Nearest wal-mart is probably 60 miles away so toughed it out the rest of the week. Tried using a lighter to start the thermacell but didnt work. My next trip to walmart I am going to buy 2 thermacells so I have a backup.:eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.