Arkansas Hunting banner
181 - 200 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
9,335 Posts
Looks like Austin is going to do all the scouting and Alpha will be hunting when he’s at work. Word of advice @austincrutchfield, Alpha has been spoiled by those hand fed urban deer that think a pile of corn is natural. Don’t share too much info with him or he’ll be shooting your deer out from under you and taking all the credit as a killer!

·
Member On Double Secret Probation
29,650 Posts
Looks like Austin is going to do all the scouting and Alpha will be hunting when he’s at work. Word of advice @austincrutchfield, Alpha has been spoiled by those hand fed urban deer that think a pile of corn is natural. Don’t share too much info with him or he’ll be shooting your deer out from under you.
Last weekend he never showed up when it was 115 degrees. Then he went down yesterday when it was 90 and still gripped about it being hot. 😝

·
Super Moderator
10,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
Found 8-10 redoaks yesterday, with acorns and 2 white oaks, and one water oak that had a few acorns on it. I'll check the water oak just before season and see if its dropping yet. Found 5-6 persimmon trees in good spots, 2 deer were already feeding under a little, but not much yet. Also ended up finding a good bit of hog sign in 2 different areas, one area was last few days, other was probably 2 weeks old, but still dont seem like I'll be fighting them to get on deer like I normally am. Also went in an area and come across a set of gator tracks, which was a first for me! I've never seen one in the wild, I knew they were down there, just didnt expect to find tracks where I did lol. All in all it was a good trip, I'll go again in a week or 2.
Bottle Yellow Plastic bottle Road surface Pollution
Plant Plant community Tree Green Natural landscape
Plant Water Green Nature Leaf
Botany Road surface Plant Asphalt Terrestrial plant

Also found my future grandview doe for hard times 😂
Footwear Shoe Plant Leg Grass

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
181 - 200 of 262 Posts