Arkansas Hunting banner
561 - 580 of 596 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,592 Posts
Why don't you eat catfish?
When my wife and I first got married - we were poorer than dirt. I trotlined catfish - and trapped in the winter. Ouachita river, north of West Monroe, LA. I sold my fish and Fur to Bayle’s Fur and Pecans in West Monroe. Just like Bubba on Forest Gump - except catfish instead of shrimp - fried catfish, baked catfish, broiled catfish, grilled catfish - after nine months of eating catfish almost everyday, the catfish stew did us in. Plenty of other fish in the lake to eat

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
The Bull Reds were on fire this weekend .
Caught them under the birds. Trout were there too but most were small and the reds would beat them to the lure.
It was like school bass on steroids.
I was able to cast to fish I could see breaking the surface after shrimp. Caught them on top water ( Whopper Plopper ) , swim baits, chatter baits and voodoo shrimp under a popping cork.
Saturday was the best day. We lost count on what we caught. Up to 42 inches. Weights between 15 &30 lbs
Pipeline transport Blue Vertebrate Cloud Safety glove

Water Sky Vertebrate Boat Fisherman

Water Sky Cloud Boat Vertebrate

·
Premium Member
30,592 Posts
Caught them under the birds. Trout were there too but most were small and the reds would beat them to the lure.
I was able to cast to fish I could see breaking the surface after shrimp. Caught them on top water ( Whopper Plopper ) , swim baits, chatter baits and voodoo shrimp under a popping cork.
Saturday was the best day. We lost count on what we caught. Up to 42 inches. Weights between 15 &30 lbs
View attachment 372424
View attachment 372425
View attachment 372426
Where did you go? General

·
Registered
31,991 Posts
View attachment 372424
View attachment 372425
View attachment 372426
Redfish and trout under the birds is about as fun as fishing gets in my book. Just throw them in the floor because the action is so hot. Congrats on an awesome trip!

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Is the AGFC ramp for Strawberry River in Horseshoe Bend not available anymore? I know the property across the bridge was sold about a year ago.
The fish weir washed out a few years back during a flood but I’m pretty sure you can still access the river down at the bridge. But that’s down below the actual horseshoe. The horseshoe itself is private. And you just gotta keep an eye on @jackie53 or he’ll be posted up in your favorite fishing holes working on a fish fry!

561 - 580 of 596 Posts