Arkansas Hunting banner
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

· Registered
8,995 Posts

· Registered
1,145 Posts
Yellow bass are very good to eat and they are also small enough to work into the garden, take your pick.
Or feed your dawg. I take the rib-cage meat of all my kept fish and throw it in a bowl with a little water and nuke it for 2 minutes in the microwave. Be sure to have a lid on it cuz the bones sometime explode. Clean the bones out of what you cooked and mix it with kibble and the pooches think they died and went ta Heaven.

Cheers.....

· Registered
1,145 Posts
Another great fishing day, K-9. Wonder what the magical difference is between Ouachita and Norfork, both supposedly striper lakes? I have to assume Ouachita does not have striper die-offs like Norfork. Still, we have a huge shad population and even the white bass are mostly absent and just making a comeback after a massive die-off a few years ago. It's been years since I've seen a fish locator presentation like that one you posted. I would have to guess that Norfork's present policy of keeping the lake flooded in the Spring/Summer is the reason for the demise of the stripers/hybrid/whites. That high water is a killer in the Fall when the the oxygen levels drop dangerously low and the fish go belly-up. The high water during the spawn is good for bass and crappie though so I guess it does have that trade-off.

Cheers.....

61 - 80 of 87 Posts