Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read below at the excert taken off of the G&F press release. Mr. Morgan was the only one that had a set of balls out of the whole bunch & went by what he knew was "Public Opinion" on the deal. The rest went by some study that of all places, UALR, where they surveyed a whooping 960 hunters, half residents & half OOS out of the 60,000 that bought Arkansas Duck Stamps. That is just 2% of the duck hunting population that was surveyed but yet, that 2% decided for the other 98% what would happen! If I remember right, out of their survey, the majority they suveyed, 60%, wanted the spinners back, thats a whole 576 out of the 960, so in reality, not the massive 2% made the decission but a more conservitive 1% swung the deal! Mr. Morgan knew this & he knew what he was hearing from the other 99% didn't GeeHaw. My hat is off to him & he has my full respect as for the others, well, fill in the _______________!!!!!!!

That stupid letter Mr. I got a High $$$ Duck Club that caters to OOS'er Dunklin read in support of his & the other's position was the very same letter that was read at the meeting where they voted to place the ban in effect, the only differance, at that time they 100% voted that the data presented was flawed but now what was once flawed is now valid and the data they had was, now, the very same item was used 180 degree's in the oppisite way!

So here is what we got, the G&F did what they did bases on what? The wants of 1% of the total duck hunting population,THE MIGHTY 576 & the data that the Fed's have which was once totally in-valid but now all the sudden is totally valid!

Off the G&F website:

Commissioner Brett Morgan cast the lone vote to continue the spinning-wing decoy ban. “I can’t support something that we know helps kill juvenile ducks,” Morgan said. “This is an issue that we (commissioners) raised – not the public. The majority of e-mails and phone calls that I’ve received support keeping the ban in place.”

Commissioner George Dunklin, chairman of the Commission’s waterfowl committee, said the decision to rescind the ban was difficult.“I know there’s some dissention about removing the ban, but a UALR survey showed the majority of people wanted spinning wing decoys brought back,” Dunklin said. “We asked all of the surrounding states to come aboard with us on this, but to no avail.”
In support of his position to remove the ban, Dunklin read from a letter from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service that stated there was “no demonstrable impacts on either overall harvest rates or population levels.” [/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
unfortunately, thats what it is always about. Money!!!!!! I will call the agfc every single day till the ban is put back in place. It is ridiculous to me that less than 2 percent of the hunting population can decide for the rest of us. Does anyone know the email address of the commissioner for my area I live in Benton in Central Ar. I am sick and tired of this crap. If you support the ban get on your phone and computer and email and call the piss out of these people. If your against the ban then you have that right. They just killed I would say 50,000 more birds this year. Thanks alot. If there are any commissioners that read this unless you are Mr. Morgan... Piss Off!!!!! Do you honestly think you are speaking for the majority of the hunting public. If so you need to find a different line of work. I want you to one tell apologize to my children when they have to hunt a 30 day season with a 2 bird limit. But I garauntee you one thing we will be there. This is ridiculous. They say people who are gripping about all the power going to all the people with money are the people who don't have any. Well guess what I have money and I should have to pay 150 dollars on a stupid decoy to compete. And thats what it has become. no longer a sport but a competition. AGFC is right up there with the IRS in my book. Worthless as can be. :mad::banghead::mad::banghead::censored:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,530 Posts
It's really a bunch of :bs:using a survey from UALR, but like everyone else has said money talks. They are not looking at it as a conservation issue like they ought to being the AGFC, instead they are looking at the revenue side.

Anyways what's done is done and I'm going to kill the :censored:out of them while we got them :biggrin:.

·
Member<br>2007 Photo Contest Winner<br>
467 Posts
It's really a bunch of :bs:using a survey from UALR, but like everyone else has said money talks. They are not looking at it as a conservation issue like they ought to being the AGFC, instead they are looking at the revenue side.

Anyways what's done is done and I'm going to kill the :censored:out of them while we got them :biggrin:.
Exactly, I have a bad feeling that the public was ignored on this one. Morgan's statment proves it.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Brett Morgan's thoughts on the issue as of yesterday....

THANK YOU I appreciate your kind comments and support. It is very important that those of you hunters that feel this way CONTINUE to write and express your opinions or dissappointment with the Commission ,we cannot win this battle single handed we must rally all the support we can and not let up!!!!!!!!!!! Brett Morgan Commissioner

·
Registered
703 Posts
Im not taking sides on this, but I do not understand. How does spinning wing decoys do anything that floating decoys do not? Im not a duck hunter and thats why Im asking. For me I dont see anf difference, but like I say, im not a duck hunter.

·
Registered
69 Posts
What's the big deal???

I hear some people whine about the G&F bringing the MOJO back and I hear some that are happy. Those that are whining about it act as if the G&F made it mandatory that you have to use one. But they didn't, if you don't want to use the darn thing then don't. It's that simple. This is USA:flag: and we have the freedom to make choices. Some people make the choice to always find something to complain about.

·
Registered
69 Posts
unfortunately, thats what it is always about. Money!!!!!! I will call the agfc every single day till the ban is put back in place. It is ridiculous to me that less than 2 percent of the hunting population can decide for the rest of us. Does anyone know the email address of the commissioner for my area I live in Benton in Central Ar. I am sick and tired of this crap. If you support the ban get on your phone and computer and email and call the piss out of these people. If your against the ban then you have that right. They just killed I would say 50,000 more birds this year. Thanks alot. If there are any commissioners that read this unless you are Mr. Morgan... Piss Off!!!!! Do you honestly think you are speaking for the majority of the hunting public. If so you need to find a different line of work. I want you to one tell apologize to my children when they have to hunt a 30 day season with a 2 bird limit. But I garauntee you one thing we will be there. This is ridiculous. They say people who are gripping about all the power going to all the people with money are the people who don't have any. Well guess what I have money and I should have to pay 150 dollars on a stupid decoy to compete. And thats what it has become. no longer a sport but a competition. AGFC is right up there with the IRS in my book. Worthless as can be. :mad::banghead::mad::banghead::censored:
This season will only be my 3rd duck season so it will be my first when a spinning wing will be legal. You talk about duck hunting no longer being a sport but a competition. Well from my short experience it has always been like a competition. Who can get to the boat ramp 1st in the morning. Who can get the the hole 1st. Who can call the best. Who has the best looking decoy spread. The way I see it is that if you aren't enjoying duck hunting anymore then you need to quit!!!:twocents:

·
Registered
884 Posts
This season will only be my 3rd duck season so it will be my first when a spinning wing will be legal. You talk about duck hunting no longer being a sport but a competition. Well from my short experience it has always been like a competition. Who can get to the boat ramp 1st in the morning. Who can get the the hole 1st. Who can call the best. Who has the best looking decoy spread. The way I see it is that if you aren't enjoying duck hunting anymore then you need to quit!!!:twocents:

3rd season? im guessing your shouldnt be commenting about the robo then at all. I'm also guessing you'll probably use one this year. :twocents:

·
Registered
312 Posts
I hear some people whine about the G&F bringing the MOJO back and I hear some that are happy. Those that are whining about it act as if the G&F made it mandatory that you have to use one. But they didn't, if you don't want to use the darn thing then don't. It's that simple. This is USA:flag: and we have the freedom to make choices. Some people make the choice to always find something to complain about.
You are one of the many that doesn't understand the whole concept here. Everyone will suffer from the use of things things rather you use one or not. Ducks will become hole shy. They will even get to where they will spooky to land with real ducks. The birds will start landing about 80 yards out from everything. This is only your 3rd season so you don't understand this but you will find out very quickly once season rolls around.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Oh, you must be hunting public. My bad. By the way have fun with all the out of staters and there 5 Robos per person that will be lining the public grounds. Done the public thing before when the robo was legal and did it when it was banned. Much better and less crowded and was able to work bigger groups when it was banned. But I guess your massive expierence will disagree with that. I have never raced to the hole, ramp, if someone doesn't know how to set up decoys then thats their problem. And I have heard some bad calling on public grounds. I don't believe it is a competition but some make it that. (sounds like you do) I have been duck hunting for 15 years been carrying a gun for about 12 or 13. However, I am dwarfed in expierence by some folks on here who are going on 30+ years. I love it bottom line. You guys on public just use all your robos, maybe it will push them onto me. However, I don't think it will. Hole shy, decoy shy, and all that stuff is about what it comes down too. Have a good evening. No hard feelings just saying how I see it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Trying to learn

I will probably not be using a SWD. Too expensive. Since I have never used one I am just trying to learn as much as I can........good or bad. In most of the duck hunting videos I have watched, there are always a couple of them in the spread. If SWD are so bad then why do they use them??

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I will probably not be using a SWD. Too expensive. Since I have never used one I am just trying to learn as much as I can........good or bad. In most of the duck hunting videos I have watched, there are always a couple of them in the spread. If SWD are so bad then why do they use them??
I think its layziness, maybe not really lazyiness but... don't really have the word for it. That is the most important thing to do is to learn. Sounds like you are on the right path.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.