Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talked to some members of my hunting club today, and they told me that the hogs, which we were spared of last year, are back! Was hoping they would just stay away. We are having a work day this Saturday and some of us are going to stay late and try to ambush some at dusk. Our Treasurer lives just south of the lease. She said they were rooting up everyone's gardens and fields.
Anyone know how to attract them to an opening so we could get a shot?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Be very careful about baiting stuff this time of year. From what I hear on these boards the AGFC might accuse you of Baiting a Bear out of season and therefore poaching. You might want to give them a call to ask about legality of such an action and let them know what you are thinking of doing.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Be very careful about baiting stuff this time of year. From what I hear on these boards the AGFC might accuse you of Baiting a Bear out of season and therefore poaching. You might want to give them a call to ask about legality of such an action and let them know what you are thinking of doing.
Not aware of any bears down there, but you never know!!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry, I didn't see your post until today (Sunday). Bryan and Hannah came down and we showed a bunch of guys from Texas the lease. I think we got them all situated with a stand site.
Several of us went out and hunted hogs until dark, no luck, but Bubba and I got to see a Whipoorwill up close. Never saw one while it was whistling. It just sat in the road in the headlights like we weren't even there.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
Sorry, I didn't see your post until today (Sunday). Bryan and Hannah came down and we showed a bunch of guys from Texas the lease. I think we got them all situated with a stand site.
Several of us went out and hunted hogs until dark, no luck, but Bubba and I got to see a Whipoorwill up close. Never saw one while it was whistling. It just sat in the road in the headlights like we weren't even there.
If we would have known that, we might have come down and visited/helped out!! I just got back from working the storm in Stuttgart friday night, might not have been much help, cause I was worn out, but would have been nice to see Hannah and Bryan, you, and Miss Ann:biggrin:

·
Registered
139 Posts
If you are haveing a hog problem there are several respectable hog hunters on this board.Contact one,they are HUNTERS too. As "HUNTERS" we all need to stick together.The antis love to see "US" bicker with one another. I'm not a deer nor turkey hunter,but I don't down a fellow hunter for pursuing their preferred game.There are bad people in all walks of life.I do some hog eradication and I too have certain guidelines that I follow.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you are haveing a hog problem there are several respectable hog hunters on this board.Contact one,they are HUNTERS too. As "HUNTERS" we all need to stick together.The antis love to see "US" bicker with one another. I'm not a deer nor turkey hunter,but I don't down a fellow hunter for pursuing their preferred game.There are bad people in all walks of life.I do some hog eradication and I too have certain guidelines that I follow.
Hey, we're not against ANYONE hunting the hogs. It's just that we abut several other leases and private properties, and I don't know how they feel about it. Getting blanket permission would be difficult.
If somebody wants to hunt hogs there, PM me and I'll give you the contact info.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Pickloop,the private land owners,(and others) would probably be glad to rid them from their land.I feel for them.I know how it is,I'm a swine hunter.They can cause a lot of damage in a short period.

I read on another thread about people killing and leaveing them. I have in my LIFETIME (heard,hear say) one case of swine tuberculosis in the state of Arkansas. I competion bay and we travel to five (5) different states,(and have hunted in all of them) and a lot of TALK and not Facts.Swine is Very tastey if prepared correctly.So is all game.Ever ate some tuff deer meat?We all have.I have a lot of knowledge on this subject,(third generation hog hunter) and some of the things I read or hear,I wonder where the people get their information.I don't know everything,but what I know is what I have been taught or learned on my self.Lots of elders would appericate some fresh pork.Nurseing homes,VFW,boys/girls scouts or your local church.Great fundraisers.I could talk for days on this subject.It's my preferred game.So please fellow hunters,use logic and donate the meat to a good cause.Don't just shoot it and leave it to rot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.