The flood

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by wildhog62, Feb 16, 2008.

Do you believe there was a flood?

1. Yes, I believe the Bible's account

72 vote(s)
    87.8%
  2. I don't believe there ever was a flood

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. There was a flood, but not worldwide

8 vote(s)
    9.8%
  4. I don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. wildhog62

wildhog62 Well-Known Member

I was watching a show on Discovery about Biblical diasters and it talked about the flood. They presented a few different views and it got me to wondering what everyone believes about this event.

2. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

I believe it cause thats what the Bible says. And God cannot lie.

Boom

3. Down on the White

Down on the White Well-Known Member

Yes there was the flood and if you read the word the next will be fire.
    Science has shown the flood actually existed and I believe, to the others look at the evidence simple stupid.

4. reflex1

reflex1 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Let's just say - and I believe it - the Bible says it happened!

5. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

If there wasn't a flood why can we find fossels of sea creatures on top of Mt. Magazine?

6. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

I'm a believer. Every time there's a documentary about whether or not it went like the bible tells it....I come away believing it even more!

7. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

Scietific evidence shows proof of many Bilbe accounts. This is why if you go to the Smithsonian Museum you will find the Bible also listed as a history book, not just a religious document. Further proof.

Boom

8. BUCKSHOT_106

BUCKSHOT_106 Well-Known Member

My philosophy go with the Bible instead of watching and believing any show, newsarticle, or story teller about biblical facts and occurances.

9. Manybeards

Manybeards Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20

Yes, I believe what the bible says

10. JED

JED Well-Known Member

A good book on this subject is The Genesis Flood by Whitcomb and Morris. Whitcomb is a geologist and Morris is a theologian. I will reinforce your belief in a flood.

11. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

The grand canyon has been said to have been created by a little water over millions of years. Recently some scientist conceded that it could have been created over a few weeks with lots and lots of water.

12. As far as I'm concerned, The Bible account is 100% true.

13. odocoi

odocoi Well-Known Member

If you believe the story of the flood then do you also believe that there was an arc with all those critters?

14. Gary R

Gary R Well-Known Member

No, but there was an ark.

15. RAMBUSTER

RAMBUSTER Well-Known Member

16. Tony Harris

Tony Harris Super Moderator<br>2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Wi Staff Member

Lets see...the bible says 'God said let there be...and it was so'. So God was able to take chaos and turn it into order. The account of the flood states that at that time there was no rain but a mist rose up from the ground to give water and when the flood happened 'were all the fountains of the great deep broken up and the windows of heaven were opened' so water came out of the ground as well as down from the sky. It also says there was enough food to sustain the people and animals on the ark and that the animals went in by twos and sevens. It just doesn't add up does it. It also doesn't add up that even though we curse God and disbelieve that he still loves us and cares for us.

This is the same God who took 5 loaves and two fishes and fed the multitude, the same God who called life back into dead bodies, who put fingers, ears and noses back on leporous bodies, who formed man out of clay and breathed into him the breath of life. Why can't he fit however many animals into an ark and feed them with two bales of hay and a cup of water?

For those who believe no explaination is needed, for those who believe not no explaination is possible.

Go to the petrefied forest and see the trees lying flat, sticking out the hillsides, it brings it all home.

17. +1 :thumb:

18. antler3

antler3 Well-Known Member

100% what the Bible says !!!! Bible also says in the last days you will try to be swayed...... So each time they try to prove the Bible wrong , like John says , I come away believing even more......Hang on to your faith no-matter what they try to send at you !

19. flintknapper

flintknapper Moderator/smokepole pimp

--It's gotta be true. One reason is the universality of the Flood in stories told by many different cultures all over the world. It didn't just flood for ancient Hebrews, you know, it flooded for everybody!

20. Gruntcall

Gruntcall Well-Known Member

I'd be more inclined to believe that the "flood" was in fact tidal waves caused by crustal displacement.

That's what the Sumerians tell us. The Hebrews simply stole their stories, changed the names, and claimed them as their own.

http://www.maar.us/crustal_displacement.html