Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let us all know about your duck club.....??? The place we stay to duck hunt is alot fancier than where we deer hunt.... How bout you?

·
Banned
385 Posts
Ours consists of a farm shop and a couple of campers. We're more worried about killin ducks that lookin like a bunch of "town-dogs".:biggrin:

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
We hunt my buddy's land around Knob, Ar. His family all grew up there and his uncles farms a ton of land there. His dad's mom moved to Jonesboro several years ago but they still own her house up there. We put alot of work into that old house and that is where we stay. It has 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, full kitchen, living room with T.V.(only get channel 8 though) couches, recliners, and 2 gas heaters. We don't "ruff it" much when we duck hunt.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I don't have a club either, mostly just driving and stayin at the house but when I go with one of my buddys back home to Stuttgart we stay is his grandma's old house. His daddy farms their and the house is on the property, it is a little old but there are beds bathrooms and a good tv plus a free trip...I ain't complainin

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
My club house is the quick stop/7-11/Shell Super Stop, etc. After the hunt like to get some hot wings, a capachino and some cashew nuts. Taste kind of special after a good morning's hunt :biggrin:

·
Member<br>2014 Team Turkey Contest Winner
770 Posts
Our duck blind is pretty much like a small "duck club". We'll cook breakfast every morning...usually pankcakes. On the weekends we'll crank it up a notch and cook deer tenderlion, or turkey breast, or crappie, etc. If it gets slow, we'll break out the Dominos. Even have a bird house set up and we feed them everyday too. :biggrin:

Dont have to wear waders either...unless you just want to. All our gear doesn't get muddy and trashed. Boat in, boat out....5 minute trip.

Oh yeah we manage to kill a duck or goose every now and then.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t101/lagoodson/01-26-07_1317.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t101/lagoodson/12-26-07_1127.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t101/lagoodson/DSC02170.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t101/lagoodson/dylanasleep-1.jpg

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
Used to hunt with some friends who had a great little set up. The duck blind"house" or whatever had two rooms....a kitchen and the shooting porch. It was awesome to smell bacon and pancakes cooking while you were calling and shooting ducks but game and fish burned the thing down a couple years ago after they gained control of the land from the corps of engineers I believe. These guys had this place since the 70s and it was torched right out from under them. You'll never meet a better group of guys. They carried a lot of people back to that blind and introduced them to duck hunting at no charge,they just wanted to see that smile on your face when you took that first duck. They are getting pretty old now but they still go to that hole and stand in the ruins of where there blind was and hunt. A many of kids cut their teeth so to speak in duck hunting back there and were shown a great time by these men. It just really bothers me how things went down with their duck blind.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Po' folks here to.I leave the house, go wade in, hunt, then reverse the procedure.Be careful about those invites there drakemaster.you never know who might show up.I been wanting to try the Meto.:thumb:

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
I've never had a "Duck house'. A bro of mine I hunt with some has an old farmhouse that he keeps up for company from out-of-state to stay in.

For the past five years, I've dreamed of building a small little cabin on the farm for hunting season. I just haven't gotten off my duff to do anything else.

I'd love to have a place to go just to hunt and eat and get a nap, and then socialize around a fire after the hunt.

My trips to the deer camp with my Dad are too far between, but they are always some of the best times of the whole hunting season.

I think I need to look at getting something started.........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts