The dawg eradicator finally talked.

Discussion in 'Predators, Varmints, and Hogs' started by btech29, Dec 24, 2010.

1. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

I finally got a chance to call. I went to a little piece Ive tried a couple times with no luck. I got settled in and started off with bay bee cottontail. The yote in the pics came running straight in. Busted her within 3 minutes of starting.

Stand 2 was a cut corn field. It was the coolest looking setup a guy could ask for. I was excited to say the least. I hit bay bee again. I called in around 40 momma cows. For the life of me I cant figure out why cows come in to a rabbit call.

Stand 3 was another new spot. The wind couldnt have been any worse for this spot. I set up with the caller about 40 yards to my left and hoped I could get them coming in on a cross wind. I used bay bee again and seen one coming off the hill at around 500 yards. I cranked my scope up to 16 power and was following him in. I was going to smoke him if he hung up. While I was watching him two more came running straight in to the call. I couldnt find them in the scope with it on 16 power cause they were only 40 to 50 yards away. I shot at them 5 times as they vacated the premises.

I had a great day calling. The one I killed was at 12:30 and the 3 were at around 1:30. I normally dont show graphic kill shots but we have been talking about the best round for yotes. This is a 55 grain Winchester Silver Ballistic tip. I shot her at 40 yards right in the chest. She was up on a bank and the bullet went out her back. I normally take my shotgun with me along with my rifle. Today I could have killed every dawg with it. Wish I hadnt been lazy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jwalker

jwalker Well-Known Member

That's one nasty yote glad u killed it

3. 10pointman

10pointman Waterfowl forum Sheriff<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Co Staff Member

Dangitboy!! You blew the hair plum off that sucka!!

4. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

Dang it b...that's a little nasty.............

Load!!!!:biggrin:

5. Allstar

Allstar Well-Known Member

Good job... I've been there when they run in on you like that and all you can do is hail mary..:smack: I think yours is about as mangey as the one I got few weeks back..:thumb:

6. tmeredith

tmeredith Platinum Member Redneck Slum Lord

Yeah, that's one nasty lookin' animal!

7. dash4cash

dash4cash Well-Known Member

congrats B, sounds like you had a great time.:up:

Carl

8. hunter_3780

hunter_3780 Select Member<br>2014 Team Turkey Contest Winner

that up in kansas or down home.

sounds like you had a blast. :up:

9. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

Here at home. The one I killed was out at my new farm.