Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to visit with Mr. Kelly again this weekend. Picked up a hard back copy of "The Best of Tom Kelly." All the better sections taken from 9 of his books. He signed it and stated he designed it to look like the bible. Said you could cover the name with your hand and read it while the preacher was speaking and no one would be the wiser. He felt it would probably hold your attention better. ;) Would love to be able to know him better.

·
Premium Member
13,672 Posts
I really enjoy reading and listening to Mr. Tom.. This is one of my favorites.. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNVdBGu30WI[/ame]

·
Registered
98 Posts
I got by his booth, too. Picked up a copy of Tenth Legion and asked him to sign it. It was something great getting to visit a bit with him.

·
Registered
23,737 Posts
What books of his would you recommend? I have read The Tenth Legion but I would like to read more. What are y'all's favorites?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
What books of his would you recommend? I have read The Tenth Legion but I would like to read more. What are y'all's favorites?
Tenth Legion is an excellent book; however, if you want to learn how to be a better turkey hunter, his text "A Fork in the Road" is the best thing you could ever read. Most of it is written for adolescents, but anyone whose been turkey hunting for less than 5-10 years, will benefit from the book.

If you're associated with the timber industry "Their Old Inhabitants" is a book you won't be able to put down once you start reading. If you are a supervisor in any organization, you'll benefit from "The T.H. Kelly Handbook". Basically, they're all good, but for different reasons, for different folks.

R2G

1 - 14 of 14 Posts