Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
81,471 Posts
I have to agree with you. I have one that I bought back in the early 80's and it just keeps on trucking. I wish I had a dollar for every round that's been through it. They have about as many accessories and aftermarket parts as 1911's and AR's do.

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have to agree with you. I have one that I bought back in the early 80's and it just keeps on trucking. I wish I had a dollar for every round that's been through it. They have about as many accessories and aftermarket parts as 1911's and AR's do.
Oh yea,I'd be a millionaire.I've been thinking about anew trigger for one of mine.You can get the whole trigger assembly.Pop out the old ,In with newIn like sixty seconds.Comes with 1.5 to 3 lb. trigger.We shoot here at the house sometimes at empty shotgun hulls at 75yds. and hitem almost every time. My friend has one he bought in the 80's and he's never cleaned it. Not once,Still shoots good.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
Good looking colletiong of 10's you've got there.
Makes me want to take a picture of mine. :biggrin:
I could probably retire right now if I had a dollar for every shell I've put through my 10/22's. Heck, I'd dang near have a weeks pay with what I've shot in the past two days. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's really a simple design too.But a very good one.I wonder how many Ruger has sold to date.

Hey Arky 3, Let's see them 10's

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
It's really a simple design too.But a very good one.I wonder how many Ruger has sold to date.

Hey Arky 3, Let's see them 10's
I can't remember for sure. Seems like there was some sort of special 10/22 listed on Gunbroker a while back that was made in celebration of some milestone Ruger had reached in 10/22 sales.

I'll try and remember to get my camera out of the truck and take a picture or two in the next couple of days.
I've got a Stainless Ruger 10/22T, a blued 10/22T and one that I put a Butler Creek stock and barrel combo kit on several years ago.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
Yep, you can't beat the good old 10-22. I have a couple on is a 22LR the other is being built in a 17 HM2 right now. They are fun and fairly cheap to shoot. Its hard to think what it would belike without at least one in the safe.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
my dad bought me one when i was bout 10. squirrels, birds and rabbits, coke cans, coke bottle, gumballs have paid the price with it.

i have not even modified a thing on it, its pinpoint accuracy straight out of the box

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
Man, I must be missin out. I am gonna have to find me a used one.
Just buy a new one. You'll end up paying about the same price for a good used one. Then start reading and checking out the guns, parts and accessories on Rimfire Central and get ready to float a loan at the bank for all the cool stuff you'll want to do to your 10/22. :biggrin:

·
Registered
11,495 Posts
My brother has got one and it's a tack driver. I have seen him shoot it at a target that has the spinning disk on them that go's from larger to smaller disk. He started at the large one shot everyone all the way to the smallest one and then went from the smallest disk all the way back to the largest, just as fast as he could pull the trigger without ever missing a beat. :eek:

But then he couldn't even hit the biggest target with my .44 mag. :biggrin:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'll have to kindly disagree with y'all. I am a Marlin 60 man myself. And Marlin sold over 6 million Model 60's over the years. The only place the 10-22 beats Marlin is in the accessories dept. You sure can trick a 10-22 out!

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll have to kindly disagree with y'all. I am a Marlin 60 man myself. And Marlin sold over 6 million Model 60's over the years. The only place the 10-22 beats Marlin is in the accessories dept. You sure can trick a 10-22 out!
Dang Boy, You be on thin ice talking like that on this thread.{KIDDING} Everybody likes different things.But I betcha I got one that will outshoot that Marlin 60.Unless It'll put 3 bullets in one hole.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I would still favor the 10/22 for many reasons. Easier to load, and a simpler mechanism. In fact the only gun I've ever seen simpler is an AK, maybe. Simple is reliable and very accurate.

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
I would love to build up a 10/22, but dont want to buy a new gun just for the receiver. Looked at numerous gun shows, but have never found one. Those are great looking guns.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Dang Boy, You be on thin ice talking like that on this thread.{KIDDING} Everybody likes different things.But I betcha I got one that will outshoot that Marlin 60.Unless It'll put 3 bullets in one hole.
Factory barrel or one of those Green mountian jobs ? My Marlin will do it with the right ammo at 50 yards. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts