Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I love beagles and I'm glad to see Uno win, although I'm a little partial to the 11" size rather than the 15".
Do you think that dog can hunt?
Seems like show dogs and good hunters have different personalities.
....popgun

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
I usually have no interest in show dog shows, but I found myself watching the ending of that one, just to pull for the Snoopy Beagle dog.

aaaa-rooooooo!.......Beagle dogs always crack me up.

I'm thinking that our own "Charlie the incredible velcro-Lab." needs a beagle dog pup to liven her life up a bit.... am working on wifey right now for it. :rolleyes:

Tommy

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Go for it Tommy!

They said on the news, that the price of beagles would jump now that he won! Lots of folks will be wanting a beagle.

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
I bet that most of "those folk" will be looking for the oity-toity show lines. There are a LOT of Beagle dogs out there!

What's funny is that our Lab. Charlie is from a high-end breeder, of show dogs and Service dogs. They were planning to keep her as a breed dog, (they only raise one litter every year or 2), but her hips didn't "certify" or whatever it's called as "excellent".... OK, but not "excellent". So they were holding her as a pet, working her w/ their other dogs, until "the right" folks came along...and they gifted her to us. Charlie has a stack of papers that I can barely read, but all she knows is that she luuuuuuuvs her people! :thumb:

Tommy

·
Administrator
40,901 Posts
Im kinda partial to the smaller beagles myself too popgun.

I kinda doubt Uno would make much of a hunting dog but you never know.

This would probably be a good time to have a litter on the ground though. I sold three out of the last litter that I had as pets and that was before Uno won.

I didnt realize that many had beagles as pets but I guess they do.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Dogs

I love my dogs! Hoity toity I am not sure of the meaning. In my search for a replacement of my 18 year old I have found that a lot of breeders after retiring from the show circuits venture into other areas because of their attachment to their animal. One of the first steps for the show circuit is obedience training and bonding. From there everything blossoms. It is because of the attachment and caring and competition brings forth many avenues of a sharing relationship. A lot of show careers are shared with agility and rally training and competition at the same shows. A lot of other venues are available such as Search & Rescue, Therapy, Cancer sniffing, Shutzund , Field Trials and on and on. I'll bet that Beagle can run with the best of them. However the owners are probably protective because of potential stud fees.
I am currently negotiating with a breeder of one of the Westminster Group winners for a pup to be born sometime this year. He is the number 5 winningest dog in the history of his breed. Would you believe he has a string of titles way past his show status in agility, obedience and therapy. ( He visits nursing homes and is certified to do so. Do you think he is a good family dog?) The bitch that he will breed to also has gone past her championship status in Obedience work.
I'd love to have a lab or the Austrain Sheperds to work with. Wonderful animals!! I can only have one so I am picking carefuly through the Hoity Toity dogs as he has to fit in my plans and my family and my house.
Someone is missing some great dogs with those Sheperds the fellow from MO has. If I had a rural residence I'd be in MO picking them up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I love beagles! Are there any other kind? I am thankful to see the Beagle win. It was a long time coming. To all you Beagle fans, Talk it up. u Know what I mean.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts