The bcs is crap

Discussion in 'Sports' started by jack03111969, Dec 2, 2012.

1. jack03111969

jack03111969 Well-Known Member

well it looks like the bcs bowls are gonna be crap besides the title game and fiesta bowl.....
    notre dame vs alabama........ bcs title game (good match up)
    florida vs Louisville........ sugar bowl (thats gonna be a boring blow out)
    Florida State vs. Northern Illinois....orange bowl (thats gonna be a boring blow out)
    Kansas State vs. Oregon........Tostitos Fiesta (good match up)
    Stanford vs. Wisconsin..........rose bowl ( boring blow out)

the good bowl games that are not bcs are far and few to
    Michigan vs. South Carolina........outback bowl (good match up)
    Oklahoma vs. Texas A&M........cotton bowl (good match up)
    Georgia vs. Nebraska........Capital One bowl (blow out)
    Clemson vs. LSU..............Chick-fil-A (blow out)

2. randun2000

randun2000 Well-Known Member

Yep I agree, and I think Wisconsin has lost 4 or 5 games and is in a bcs bowl, its terrible.

3. TMHC

TMHC Well-Known Member

Best matchup Bowl to watch....Cotton Bowl!

4. x2

5. possum

possum Well-Known Member

They made a BCS bowl as the conference champion because Ohio St. and Penn St. are in the NCAA jailhouse. In my opinion that slot should have went to a team more deserving to be in a BCS game.

6. mb1991

mb1991 Well-Known Member

And Northern Illinois is not deserving either. Their big win was against kent state- who kentucky beat by 33 points. Its a disgrace and they should be playing asu for the second year in a row.

Yea there are four other Sec teams ranked in the top ten.. The two team rule is junk just like these unranked teams and nobodies getting to the bcs.

I wish could have an 8 or 16 team tourney and let (some of the other teams play in bowls for consulation prizes if they wanted to.) That way we would get to see the SEC playing in the championship against each other every year just like last year and people would whine!!!

7. jack03111969

jack03111969 Well-Known Member

i don't think there would be as much whining with a 16 team play off and its an all sec championship game because it leaves no one out. and it settles all the if's and's and buts. and to me it evens the playing field........unlike the nfl the best team will prevale...............

8. cuppinducks

cuppinducks Well-Known Member

1.Notre Dame
    2 Alabama
    3 Florida
    4 Oregon
    5 Kansas State
    6 Stanford
    7 Georgia
    8 LSU
    9 Texas A&M
    10 South Carolina
    11 Oklahoma
    12 Florida State
    13 Oregon State
    14 Clemson
    15 Northern Illinois
    16 Nebraska
    17 UCLA
    18 Michigan
    19 Boise State
    20 Northwestern
    21 Louisville
    22 Utah State
    23 Texas
    24 San Jose State
    25 Kent State
    * Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl not ranked in the BCS Top 25 with a record of 8-5

Pretty evident that the BCS sucks... Should be the top 10 play regardless of conference affiliation. They can use the BCS ranking system if they want.

9. hwyman501

hwyman501 Well-Known Member

They should scrap the bowl system send do a 8 team playoff based upon AP rankings