Thanks Btech

Discussion in 'Predators, Varmints, and Hogs' started by dash4cash, Dec 16, 2010.

1. dash4cash

dash4cash Well-Known Member

I have never hunted coyote before, but after reading B's post about hunting and calling them I have caught the fever. During the last week Santa has come early for me,:biggrin: a new 223, new 243, 2 electronic callers, 4 hand callers, rifle mounted bi-pods, 2 Nikon Buckmasters 4.5-14x40 scopes, and a ton of snow camo for just yote hunting. Thanks B for all the help,:mad: just glad you weren't talking about trucks:whistle:

Carl

2. Allstar

Allstar Well-Known Member

And to think I went off the deep end 3 years ago :biggrin: A man can never have enough stuff..

3. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

:fit: Dang Santa's been good to you. Sounds like your set up and ready to go. I hope it works out good for you. Im as die hard as a bowhunter can be, but Im bout ready to give it up for the yotes. When your get started calling dont get frustrated if you dont call one in right away. Sometimes I go 6 or 7 stands in a row with out getting one to come in. Then I may go that many straight that I do. There is no ryhme nor reason to it. Im looking forward to hunting with some of guys on here in Kansas to learn some tricks. :up:

Did you get a Critter? What brand electronic calls did you get?

4. .270Win

.270Win Super Moderator<br>Forum Sponsor<br>'07 Deer Hunti

That's the best advice you'll ever get. My brother and I have been trying for two years to get our first Arkansas coyote.....and after a couple thousand dollars worth of guns and equipment we've still killed exactly "ZERO". :doh:

.270Win

5. Ozone

Ozone Well-Known Member

So you'll be happy when you kill twice that many? :biggrin:

6. btech29

I seen you bust one in Kansas though. :up:

I dont know exactly what the deal is about Kansas, but they come in alot better for some reason. I wonder if you can just see em better? Are they dumber? Less pressure? More of em? Less to eat? Inbred? Nutrition? Better soil? Better genetics? Less morons calling from their trucks? Northern yotes are bigger? I dont always call em in out there either, but for sure a lot more often.

7. dash4cash

Have not got the critter as of yet, but it's on my list. The electric calls are Johnny Stewerts, Predator Two and the Prey Master digital caller. The hand, or mouth calls are H.S. Mac Daddy, Primos Raspy Coaxer, Primos Still Cottontail Rabbit, and a Johnny Stewert rabbit call. This is like when I first stared bowhunting, very exciting, only now I have alot more money, so it's even better.:up:

Carl

8. varmint hunter

varmint hunter Well-Known Member

:woohoo: WOW :woohoo: MERRY CHRISTMAS:thumb:

9. btech29

You sound alot like me. I spent like $1500 in two days and I already had the guns. If Im going to do something I go all out. Im hooked on it now. Im planning trips to Texas, Missouri and Oklahoma just to call yotes. :smack:

Oh ya, dont forget Kansas. That goes without saying.

10. dash4cash

I hear you their, I leave 2 days after Christmas for Northern Wisconsin for a week of yote hunting, going with a very experienced hunter, should be able to learn a bunch over 5 days. A good friend of mine who has caught the bug just as I did, well his mother-in-law lives in Missouri, she owns a ton of land and a supper club, we are planning a trip their asap, yote hunting and free food:biggrin:

Carl

11. Dang, I thought I went overboard with just buying a FoxPro caller, yall are real hardcore :thumb:

12. dash4cash

Hardcore, and I haven't even been in the woods yet.:biggrin:

Carl

13. my god. I wish I could have your santa. Send your santa my way. My santa really sucks compared to yours, lol

14. dash4cash

It's called single, well engaged, self employed, and no children, so Santa takes care of me well.:up:

Carl

15. that explains it. I'm married with two kids.............. My santa SUCKS, lol.

Congrats on the engagement ......................................................................... You better get all your toys you can now. Just saying, haha. Once you get married santa is not near as nice.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  16. dash4cash

This santa is under contract for atleast 10 more years:clap: I have been married twice before, so I know how to play dem dare games.:biggrin: I am no spring rooster anymore, so now it's my way or the highway. I sure hope she doesen't read this.
    Carl

17. :fit: :fit: :fit: :fit: :fit: Yeah, if she reads it you may be in trouble. Good luck with the yote hunting. Sounds like your all set up for it. Keep us posted. And post pics of your kills. If they keep coming in on us I may ask you to come and help out over here.:biggrin:

18. never mind on that help out over here. I just noticed where your from. Thats would be a heck of a drive to kill a yote

19. dash4cash

One could never drive too far to hunt something, during January, February, and March works slows down for me, so either my brother or a buddy of mine are always going some where to hunt and fish. My mom and step dad live in McAllen Texas over the winter and that's usually a annual trip for hogs, nice to get out of Wisconsin during those months.:up:

Carl

20. dash4cash

We are now ready for the first trip of the year, can't wait to hunt them at night, their are alot of wolves in the area as well so that should add to the excitement.
    Btech, I did pick up the MoJo Critter, looking forward to giving it a try.

Carl

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011