Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a wonderful turkey season. :censored: There's no greater feeling than hunting hard for days on end to never hear a gobble. :censored:

Next year why don't you just schedule the season in June (that way it will be so hot the bugs won't be so bad), and while you're at it why don't you just go ahead and set duck season for the first part of August (we don't want to put to much pressure on the birds). :banghead:

Heck, I'm starting to think maybe a one bird limit might not be a bad idea, if AGFC would make the season earlier.

·
Super Moderator
14,344 Posts
I don't turkey hunt, but I guess if I had a guarantee that I would hear one gobble, along with a guarantee that I would kill one, I might consider going. Until then, I'll continue using those boat ramps put in by the AGFC and doing my part to control the fish population. Thanks AGFC!

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,584 Posts
For a wonderful turkey season. :censored: There's no greater feeling than hunting hard for days on end to never hear a gobble. :censored:

Next year why don't you just schedule the season in June (that way it will be so hot the bugs won't be so bad), and while you're at it why don't you just go ahead and set duck season for the first part of August (we don't want to put to much pressure on the birds). :banghead:

Heck, I'm starting to think maybe a one bird limit might not be a bad idea, if AGFC would make the season earlier.
Well...it ain't entirely AGFCs fault.....if Al Gore would quit melting them dang ice caps....the seasons might co-operate better:razz: :whistle:

·
Registered
814 Posts
If I ever meet Al Gore I'm gonna tell him to shut his trap. Opening weekend in the Boston area was the coldest I have ever felt it. 26 degrees Sundayt moring when I woke up. It actually snowed some on April 13th.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
While I'm very thankful for the good work the AG&F did in re-establishing turkey populations, they haven't made the best management decisions for turkeys in the last several years (IMO). Every state that borders us has better turkey numbers than we do.

hd

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
You should really be very thankful that you have a place to go. Some of us have to draw a permit if we wanna hunt, and after getting passed up the last several years got drew this year only to have a once in a lifetime flood shut the permit hunts down and leave us with overcrowded small parcels of publuc land.

I went fishing today and seen over a dozen turkey eggs where the water just resided from in the last week, makes me sick.

Maybe you can thin some predators down since the turkey huntings bad, I think coyote season is in. After all, predators kill their fair share of turkeys.

·
Registered
212 Posts

Maybe its the calling???? j/k

·
Super Moderator
9,915 Posts

Awesome post. I couldn't have said it better myself.

After hours and hours of hunting, I haven't heard one gobble.

:banghead: :mad:

·
Banned
6,918 Posts
From what Ive seen in Johnson County, the AGFC needs to close the season for a few years. No Gobbles before season, no sign, no tracks anywhere! No Turkeys!

My vote. One bird limit, No Jakes, end hunting at noon, one week season, April 15th - April 22cd. Or better yet, close it in the Ozarks all together.

·
Administrator
90,684 Posts
Or better yet, close it in the Ozarks all together.
That's a pretty big statement for a large geographical area. There might be spots that need closing, but I have seen lots of turkey on our property in Sharp county, and see lots when I am working up in that area.

I might need to start hunting them one of these days... :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.