thank god for my xbow...

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Ozark hunter, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Ozark hunter

Ozark hunter Well-Known Member

i've had some problems with my truck lately... last wednesday my alternator went out so i put a new one on thursday, on my way home thursday it over heated so i put a water pump and thermastat on friday. when i got home the temp was normal so i thought i'd crack the radiator cap to relieve the pressure so i could add anitfreeze since it had a chance to circulate. big mistake!!! looks like i'll be filling my last tag with the crossbow! i have thanked god everyday since then that is wasn't any worse than 2nd degree burns from the back of my hand almost to my elbow.

i'll mark this one up as a lesson well learned and it was barrowed from the book of dumb-butt

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2011
  2. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member

NE Ark
    OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad it wasn't any worse than that!! All it takes is a second of inattention and it can have severe consequences!! There's hardly a pain worse than a burn.

3. Ozark hunter

i wasn't planning on going to the emergency room so i took 3 percocet i had from getting a tooth pulled... my wife got home and talked me in to going. when i got there they gave me 10cc of morphine and ended up giving me another 10cc, even then i was still in alot of pain. still pretty sore but the pain pills take the edge off

4. seymore whitetail

seymore whitetail Well-Known Member

Ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Good luck with the crossbow!

5. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

Dang man that hurts just looking at it ouch!

6. possum

possum Moderator<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<b

:eek: Just glad it was your arm. I know a man that did that but it hit him in the side of the face.

Hope ya get better quick.

7. stealthycat

stealthycat Elite Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

I was cleaning a fry vat at McDonalds in ...1990? that's like 550 degrees and dropped a vent into it, splashed it onto my arm and it looked a lot like that after the burned skin peeled away

that hurt - and sucks

8. Nuge Fan

Nuge Fan Well-Known Member

I'm with Mr. C, nothing hurts worse than a burn. the pain just won't stop

9. Ozark hunter

yeah burns suck bad... my face and neck got it too but just 1st degree, kinda like a bad sunburn without the blisters

10. Damascus-Doug

Damascus-Doug Well-Known Member

Keep it moist and hope the pain goes away before to long.

11. Mbpike

Mbpike Well-Known Member

I had a friend that took it to the face. Poor guy still has scaring. Be happy you got away with just an arm. Sorry buddy

12. dirtdart

dirtdart Well-Known Member

Man! That's just difficult to look at. Feel for ya man.

13. When I was in the Army I did Med-Evac for awhile. So I have seen all kinds of burns and injuries. But the burn victims always seemed to be in more pain than 98% of the others. I am sorry that it happened to you. Just like said above keep in moist and clean. Hope it gets to feeling better soon. Sorry it happened to you. You must be a tough man if your talking about hunting still. I will give you credit for that one.

14. mathewsman07

mathewsman07 Well-Known Member

That sucks I got 2nd degree burns on new years from some dumb :censored: pushing me up against a grill. Mine are from my elbow to my shoulder though so it hasnt messed up my hunting or work yet but it sure does look ugly and itch!

15. neotoxo

neotoxo Super Member<br>'08 Smackdown Team Winner

Certainly looks like it hurt allot, hope the pain subsides and it heals quickly...

Might be a good advertisement for a venting radiator cap...

16. crackshot82

crackshot82 Moderator<br>2006 Photo Contest Winner<br>2007 Pho Staff Member

Fouke
    Sheeezz, thats not good.

17. Hudge

Hudge Well-Known Member

That hurts just looking at it. Here's to a speedy recovery.

18. Ozark hunter

thanks alot fellers!

who's gonna drag and skin my last deer for me?? :biggrin:

19. Clayb710

Clayb710 Well-Known Member

Durn that hurts me to even look at that!

20. Wes Ramsey

Wes Ramsey Well-Known Member

I used to work at Cafe Santa Fe in Conway, and I saw a girl slip on the floor while walking by one of the deep fryers. She tried to catch herself, and one of her arms went in the grease up to her sleeve. One of the managers yanked her out and wrapped his hands around her arm and slung all the oil off. She had minor burns on her whole arm and 3rd degree where the cuff of her sleeve got soaked in the oil. Coulda been a LOT worse. The manager had 2nd degree burns on his hands.

The bad part...I think the fry cooks continued using the oil :doh: