Texas Hog hunt

Discussion in 'Predators, Varmints, and Hogs' started by Challenger, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Challenger

Challenger Well-Known Member

I'm off work until Jan 3rd and going to TEXAS to bow hunt Hogs a little south of Dallas. This is a night hunt. We have to walk a half mile in tall grass to the woods. Going into the woods: not so bad walking out in the tall grass at 1am is a rush.:hair: last year i missed a good hog and seen a monster he was about 3.5 foot tall. He was coming into the corn then my cousins phone went off:smack: scaring off the hogs. :banghead: Hope to have a better ending this year. Everything moves at night!!!

2. Tony Harris

Tony Harris Super Moderator<br>2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Wi Staff Member

Good luck, stick a big one.

3. Carver

Carver Well-Known Member

Ive got family down that way. There are lots of hogs down that way. Hope you have good luck!

4. x2 :thumb:

5. Challenger

Challenger Well-Known Member

Just picked up a Primos 100yard spot light. It fits on my stabilizer and and works great. only 69.00$. The red light is very bright and tight at 20 yards. It gets a little dem at 75 yards but still good enough for a gun shooter.
    It works off a 6 volt rechargeable battery.I will let you know if it works on the hogs.:up: