Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my first reaping experience at a bird 200+ in a field we got permission to hunt when we found the birds crawled almost to him and his for hens figured out what was behind that jake, I jumped up and shot him 90yrds no lie witness saw it all, thank you hevi shot triple beards killed him dead. Killed another one on public

Attachments

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Good pic and I'm glad you actually killed him at 90 yds, but don't get used to it. Shooting turkeys at 90 yds with a shotgun is just asking to make supper for a coyote. I think folks should let them go when they're that far out. Find another bird or come back another time. It'll make you a better hunter in the long run.

And yes, I've took my share of out of range shots and I learned from my mistakes. Looking back I regret every taking every one of the long shots I took. Some I killed and some I didn't. The ones you don't kill, you know have to be wounded. When they take flight there isn't anyway to track them once they're out of sight.

Congrats on the 2nd one too.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Congrats. Not trying to b one of those but if your buddy that took the pic of u killed one of those 2 congrats. If u killed the 2nd on public in the same day I probably wouldn't b posting pix since the bag limit n TN is 1 per day. I'm n TN bow n hand as I write this.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.