Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Member<br>2014 Team Turkey Contest Winner
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My step dad and I got our first “double”. After spending 5 LOOONNGGG days in Alabama and only hearing one gobbler, we decided to try our luck in Tennessee. We battled some wet weather but it finally quit long enough for us to get some hunting in. We got on three birds at about 3pm. They put on a great show and gobbled several times for us.

I’ve shot a few jakes and I’ve passes on a few, but since my wife is 8 months pregnant and I’m not sure if I’ll get to do any hunting here in Arkansas this year,…..well I decided to shoot one while I had the chance. My step dad shot one of the other ones and we got our first double. It was a great hunt and another great memory.

BTW, I had fried turkey breast, biscuits and gravy…. twice last week. :wink:

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t101/lagoodson/3-30-08.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t101/lagoodson/DSC03421.jpg

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,030 Posts
It doesn't get any better'n that....my dad passed away in1971, the year after I came home from Nam...we never went Turkey hunting. But my father-in-law became a friend to me....like a father, and we have made doubles like this, three times, and we always grin at each other like a couple of turkey hunting fools, while having a huge handshake! He's 90 now and probly wont go with me anymore, but it won't be because I didn't ask! Great experience, thanks for the pics, give your Dad a big hug:wink: .......~john:thumb:

·
Registered
256 Posts
It doesn't get any better'n that....my dad passed away in1971, the year after I came home from Nam...we never went Turkey hunting. But my father-in-law became a friend to me....like a father, and we have made doubles like this, three times, and we always grin at each other like a couple of turkey hunting fools, while having a huge handshake! He's 90 now and probly wont go with me anymore, but it won't be because I didn't ask! Great experience, thanks for the pics, give your Dad a big hug:wink: .......~john:thumb:
that's what it is all about!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Congrats on the kills, that's pretty awesome, sounds like yall had some pretty tough conditions but pushed on through and scored, that and having your Dad along will make it something you will never forget.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Congrats on the double ! Cherished memories for sure ! Hug your Dad for me too.....I lost mine 3 year ago this past March.

·
Grand Member<br> 2006 Spring Turkey Team Contest W
3,298 Posts
Congrats Les, I didn't even know you could even shoot a gun:biggrin:

Darrell Speakes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts