Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a invite to go fishing there around the end of March for bass.

I read it is about 1,600 acres, is there any special rules like HP limit or anything like that? How clear is the water?

What kind of stucture is in the lake, and what do yall usually catch them on there?

Thanks, Jeff

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
Its pretty good for bass.April and may the best times in my opinion.Theres lots of structure{mostly manmade,x-mas trees and such}Waters not clear though.We use mostly plastic worms and sometimes a spinnerbait.I dont think there is an hp limit.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Dequeen has steep rocky banks in part of it, shallow flats in others. Warning: there are islands and shallow places that will tear the bottom out of a boat if you don't know where they are! Be careful running.

I like DeQueen and have used a lot of different lures. I use topwater early, spinnerbaits and plastics on up in the day.

Like 10point said, there are manmade structures, but there is also some natural. You will just have to find them. One type of structure I fish there is the weed beds. Weeds extend maybe 10 feet from the bank in some areas and can hold a lot of fish. Fish points, weed beds, the islands, try it all. DeQueen has some big fish in it, if you can find them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts