Techies.....

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by snydedawg, Dec 21, 2010.

1. snydedawg

snydedawg Well-Known Member

I need to know if anyone here has/uses a Samsung Rugby cell phone???

I'm not a gadget guy and only know these are supposed to be hardcore cell phones. I'm sick of buying one every year during duck season and want to get one straightforward tough cell phone.... reviews seem to be good on these but I'd like to hear it from an end user here!!!

Thanks in advance...........

:flag:

2. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

I have a buddy that had one, he dropped it from his recliner to the floor and it broke in two pieces:head: so much for it being tough:smack: Get you a Iphone with a otter box and you'll never look back:up:

3. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

Shoot fd258 a pm and he'll tell you what a piece of crap they are:up:

4. bayman1975

bayman1975 Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W

My university provided Razor cell phone died the other dayand I had to order me a new phone. Being I need a durable phone, I looked at the Samsung Rugby and the Motorola Tundra. I read several reviews and decided on the Motorola Tundra. I had the opportunity to look at each one up close, and even got the reviews from the people on campus that had each one. I think the Tundra is by far the better phone.

5. .270Win

.270Win Super Moderator<br>Forum Sponsor<br>'07 Deer Hunti

I've had a Rugby and currently have a Tundra. The Tundra gets a little better reception in my area, but the Rugby was a good phone....but you can't leave it in water for very long or it will die like the rest. Dropped mine several times and it never affected it.

.270Win

6. snydedawg

Well.... I got a Rugby recently and really didn't know much about them. I saw some decent reviews and some that were great.... seems like the opinion here is they suck!!!

I'll see how it shakes out after I get it in hand..... thanks guys.... I think.

It may have to go back!

7. BeanCounter

BeanCounter Well-Known Member

We have both. The wife and daughter both have a Rugby. I have a Tundra. The daughter wore out the Rubgy texting to the point that it broke in half. The wife's phone is good but cannot get a signal where the Tundra can. I would suspect that when you get more than 5 miles away from I-40, there is less signal to work with. We can sit in the same car and she will pick up my phone to call out. I am not easy on equipment but the Tundra has lasted 2 years and stil going. The two Rugbys we have are less than a year old. The Tundra cost $30 more than the Rugby. You get what you pay for.

8. kfarm

kfarm Well-Known Member

I've got one and had it about a year now. It did fall out of my shirt pocket and fell into a water meter box full of water last year but I got it out fairly quickly. It had been dropped off a tractor and 4 wheeler more than once. The camera doesn't work anymore or I don't know how to make it work but my biggest complaint is that it's ringer isn't loud enough for me. I do like the small size. I'd like to have some thing better but I just don't use one enough any more to get a new one. Don't know if I'd get another Rugby with all the new stuff out there.

9. webbtoes

webbtoes Well-Known Member

x2
    Rugby was a good phone but the reception sucked on it. Got the tundra next really liked it but it didn t like the second time through the washing machine.:smack:

10. snydedawg

Thanks guys............

Guess I'll see how she shakes out......

Surely it'll be the slider I have now.. I sure hope so anyway!

And if not.... TUNDRA it is!!!!

11. Hill Farm Hunter

Hill Farm Hunter Well-Known Member

Probably a little late to be telling you this, but that is what James has if you wanted to talk to him.

12. ol bucky

ol bucky Super Member<br>2010-11 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

I had the Rugby and a Tundra and both of them were broke within two months. I usually get about 4 months out of a phone. Then I got my Iphone and put it in a otter box and have had it for 7 months now but I have had to put a new box on it , but the phone still looks brand new.

13. Carr.45

Carr.45 Well-Known Member

I have 2, one that is my work phone (Rugby II) and one I have had over a year (rugby I). The rugby I went swimming with me this summer when I fell out of my boat and has survived a fall off a fully extended 40' scissor lift to concrete, I havent put the rugby II through anything yet though...