Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner
183 Posts
I went out to a new area last Saturday and didn't find the sign I was looking for. Will be out again this Saturday evening to an area I found some promising sign in this summer. Hopefully those worn beds i found will be occupied.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was in a box blind yesterday that has had a bunch of hogs on it, trying to thin the herd. Had 6 does come in. 3 nannies and 3 yearlings. No chasing that I can see yet. Going down next weekend to get feeders filled up

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Gravedigger that stinks! I don’t understand how someone can just let a deer ruin like that. And yessir my butt has calluses on it lol. I’ve hunted public more this year than I ever have and seeing several bucks. Just can’t get close enough, or they’re not big enough, or something happens. Headed back now, On vacation til the 12th so hopefully I can put some points up!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Well I shot one this evening and it crossed onto private. The landowner very rudely denied my request to find it.
That’s why I don’t bow hunt any more. Deer come and go from neighbors lands and if you have to go looking, you’re going into trespass mode and people do not like it now days. I guess you could set on a feeder in the middle of your land, but that doesn’t do anything for me. Years ago, neighbors would help you get them but they have died off and new owners are little more secure than back in the farmers days.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.