2018/2019 Bow Hunting Contest Team 6

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Contest' started by Allenn, Sep 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allenn

Allenn Well-Known Member Supporting Member

On the way right now.

2. juleo

juleo Well-Known Member

Conway
    It took me too long to find if raccoons were worth anything in the contest. By the time I found that they had a point value, it got too dark to see my pins in the woods and I shot too low. I left a point on the board tonight. Sorry guys.

Tugman likes this.

3. Allenn

I git is a few points with a doe.Saw 15 tonight. Bucks from here on out.

Tugman likes this.
  4. Tugman

Tugman Well-Known Member

Well guys, After a six week hitch, I finally go home tomorrow. Our 34th wedding anniversary is Saturday so Mrs. Tug and I are going hang out with some friends at Lake Ouchita for the weekend. Then we head down to New Orleans Monday for company meetings. From there, we’re going to Lake Charles for the following weekend to visit our daughter, s-i-l and grandkids. Then back home again so I can have a few weeks of some one on one time with the woods. After tomorrow, I won’t be on here much until the 22nd. I’ll check in as I’m able to see how y’all are doing. Good luck to everyone.

Allenn and mk1848 like this.
  5. juleo

juleo Well-Known Member

Conway
    I added a point this morning... I missed the raccoon the other night stealing my corn. Squirrels got a pass until I was walking back to the truck.

Allenn likes this.
  6. juleo

juleo Well-Known Member

Conway
    I just missed a doe with my FILs loaned crossbow. I have my faithful compound in the back of my truck. But I grabbed this on the my way out the door because he had never killed anything with it. Guess what, neither have I.
    At least I was able to watch her walk off and know I didn’t cripple or gut shoot her.
    I tried to get my 9 year old to come sit with me and bring his rifle but he wanted to play with the neighbor kids. Kind of glad he didn’t come or I would be dragging his deer back to the truck sweating my butt off right now.

Allenn likes this.
  7. juleo

juleo Well-Known Member

Conway
    Update, she came back out 20 minutes before dark. She had a skinned back where I grazed her the first shot. So I thought I’d try again. Completely missed the second shot. I do believe I will be returning his crossbow and letting him know I will not be needing it ever again.

8. Allenn

Dang well at least it was a doe and not a big buck.

9. juleo

juleo Well-Known Member

Conway
    Tell me about it. I almost drew my pistol and shot her the second go round. I guess that would have been legal right?

10. Tugman

Tugman Well-Known Member

Hate that for you Juleo.

11. juleo

juleo Well-Known Member

Conway
    I was stacking arrows in the bullseye yesterday with that thing. Thought it would be a piece of cake. I guess the broadheads sail high compared to field points. I’ve never had that happen before.

12. Tugman

Tugman Well-Known Member

Woohoo! It’s the first day of bow season! Finally out for my first sit of the season!

Allenn likes this.
  13. Allenn

Good luck!

14. Tugman

Tugman Well-Known Member

Thanks Allenn. Out here bare bones. Nothing to attract them. Yet anyway. I’ll get some fresh minerals and corn out tomorrow. Just hoping anything comes by.

Allenn likes this.
  15. Allenn

Has anyone had any luck?

16. juleo

juleo Well-Known Member

Conway
    That doe I shot at twice two Sunday’s ago with my father in laws crossbow is in the freezer. Had to use a Muzzleloader though... she had two spots where I grazed her back with a broadhead. My buddy even hunted that blind two days after I shot at her and went to shoot her and his limb hit the top of the blind, never did find his arrow. She was shot at 4 times in 7 days.

Tugman and Allenn like this.
  17. Allenn

She wanted to die!

18. Tugman

Tugman Well-Known Member

I had that one opportunity at a young doe that ducked my arrow last week. I haven’t seen anything since. Been deader than a hammer for me. I’ll be trying out the new club today.

Allenn likes this.
  19. Allenn

Good luck Tugman!!!

Tugman likes this.
  20. juleo

juleo Well-Known Member

Conway
    I’m back out with the bow. Been a while since I haven’t had to wear the orange. We’ve always had good luck this week on this particular property. Rain quit as I was climbing my tree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.