Arkansas Hunting banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Well I was hoping to get another hunt in before I head to Kansas..but doesn't look like that is going to happen..on a side note, I seen a total of 14 bucks yesterday while scouting, driving, and checking cameras. They seem to really be in the searching/seeking phase in central AR, garland county to be specific

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Same things are happening in Pike County. Thr next 2 weeks should be the best time of the year to kill a decent buck, IMO
Good luck to everyone! Lets keep it rolling

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
7 more points on the board! Not a trophy by most folk's standard but big enough to ride in my truck. 25 yard double lung shot. Made it about 90 yards.
Prolly the last deer I will take with the No Cam. My oldest son is gonna inherit it. Ill be picking up a new VXR soon.
Good luck everyone!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Well I haven't hunted since I got back from Kansas..new house just got finished and been moving in slowly..I have a few more loose ends to tie up and I'll be back after them from Wednesday till Friday..hopefully the weather will cool down a bit

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well I haven't hunted since I got back from Kansas..new house just got finished and been moving in slowly..I have a few more loose ends to tie up and I'll be back after them from Wednesday till Friday..hopefully the weather will cool down a bit
Good luck, Kgood! Gonna try to get in an afternoon or 2 prior to Saturday myself

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
3 more points on the board. First harvest for the VXR 31.5. Used Black Eagle Rampages with 100 grain Swhackers. 426 grains of total weight. Pulling 60.1 lbs with a speed of 275 fps. FOC is 13.8%.
She was 20 yards slightly quartering to. Entered at top of near shoulder and exited mid rib on off side. She ran 40 yards uphill and fell, jumped back up and crashed 20 yards back to the stand. Dead in under 10 seconds.
Arrow was stuck 10 inches in the ground.
Hope Yall can get out and have some success!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Add one more point to our tally. Will be shooting at small game if given the opportunity. I only have one doe tag left so Im going to gather all the small game points i can.
Hope Yall have a great holiday and some straight shootin.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.