Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Tomorrow will be my 5th and last hunt of the season in Ar. So far I have heard 2 birds on my lease. I have been close to the same one of them every day,100 yards or less, and called hens off him three times but he will not budge my way. This is the worst season I have ever had for getting on birds in Ar. I am having a blast but things are not going my way. I did let a jake walk, but he is the only legal bird I have had in range, that I could see. My wife gets first crack at him in the morning so I just hope to get her a shot.

Boom

·
Premium Member
17,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tomorrow will be my 5th and last hunt of the season in Ar. So far I have heard 2 birds on my lease. I have been close to the same one of them every day,100 yards or less, and called hens off him three times but he will not budge my way. This is the worst season I have ever had for getting on birds in Ar. I am having a blast but things are not going my way. I did let a jake walk, but he is the only legal bird I have had in range, that I could see. My wife gets first crack at him in the morning so I just hope to get her a shot.

Boom
Yea, It has been tough. after the second weekend I heard one gobblinbut could not get on him.that was the last one i have heard or seen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.