Team 27 – Bow Hunting Contest
Team 27
163 RNTbuck
164 J. Adams
165 cvan
166 fatrat
167 ptysonjr
168 bryanh

Where you boys from and what areas of AR. you hunting? Seeing anything?

I live just about 45 min. north of Dallas, TX. I hunt just east/northeast of Hope, small town of Laneburg, AR. My step-father was raised there.

I took a doe on the 4th. I will be going back on the 17th.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I live in Ouachita county about 2 miles from where the Ouachita and Little Missouri rivers come together. My family has a little over 400 acres here and then i hunt a 400 acre lease across the river about 20 minutes from the house. 800 acres and 7 days of hunting and i've got zilch. Been close several times but couldn't close the deal. Between the hot weather and the millions of mosquitoes it's tough. I'm going to wear out my thermacell. My dad saw a big one crossing a field yesterday at 6:15 P.M. so i'm going to try him this afternoon after work.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm in Hempstead county about 20 miles from Hope. Wife's family has a little more than 100 acres that I'm hunting. Some of it is hay field and the rest is thick. Really thick. I did open up some old logging roads and plant oats and other grasses, with some oats and peas in a back corner of the hay fields. This is my first year to really devote to bowhunting, and I'm look for that first bow kill. Seen lots of does, haven't been able to pull the trigger on one yet. Found some fresh scrapes today and I did see a good 8 a couple weeks ago. Ready for the cool weather to stay and get rid of the mosquitos. I'm tired of having to use the thermacell everytime I'm out there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
got some points this evening. first bow kill ever- was a bobcat at 12 yds. i'll put the pic on the scoreboard later. gotta go pelt it out.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Well, i couldn't upload the picture until i have 15 posts so i had a friend post it for me. One of the other teams may not be happy about that but it's there now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
iam from blytheville. Got 140 acres in rector that we hunt and got another 100 near hardy ar. Got some good pics of a nice fat 6 pt and a few other smaller bucks, and a bunch of does and turkeys. Will be going this weekend.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
That's a pretty cat. Back when i trapped that pelt would have been big money. Don't know what they go for now. I shot two last year with my bow and i had the 1st one mounted and the second is being tanned. I couldn't afford two mounts at $500 a pop.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Got another doe this afternoon. My first from a ground blind. I put it up this weekend, brushed it in and left it. I was only there about 15 minutes when she came out. Í'll post pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I got to shoot something. I'm struggling with the bucks, actually with deer in general. I got blanked this past weekend. They are starting to get nocturnal. Even my camera on my cornfeeder is only getting night time pics.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts