2019/2020 Bow Hunting Contest Team 2 Legit to quit...killing!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Contest' started by DbleAB, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Tugman

Tugman Well-Known Member

Good deal! Congratulations @cvan!

2. glocker

glocker Well-Known Member

Congrats cvan, I wish I had a pig or two to shoot at...no more than that though

3. cvan

cvan Well-Known Member

Seen a whopper boar this morning. I was sitting on some scrapes and he followed a little ridge past me. He never got in the open so i could get a shot off. Poison Springs WMA has a bunch. About any of the hardwood bottoms there have hogs. I get more hog pics there than deer. They are fun to hunt but they are heck on feeders and food plots.

4. glocker

Sitting at work wishin I was up a tree right now. Knowing the movement is getting better by the day makes it even harder! Trying to sneak out early tomorrow afternoon and climb up for a quick evening sit. This time change makes it nice to be able to sit until dark and still catch dinner with the family.

Tugman likes this.
  5. Tugman

Tugman Well-Known Member

Following my surgery, I got on the boat halfway through my hitch. So only working two weeks this time. Going home sometime tomorrow. With my usual luck it probably won’t matter, but I’ll be getting out just the same.

6. cvan

cvan Well-Known Member

I’m still chasing them with my bow. I’ve seen a bunch of bucks and a couple that were shooters if I would have had my bow in my hand. This time of year you just never know when one will show up. It could be 11:15 a.m. or 2:25 p.m. They could be checking a scrape or chasing a doe. All day hunts should on the table when the rut is on and a full moon. Lessons learned so far this year.

7. Rookieshot

Rookieshot Member<br>2014-15 Bow Hunting Contest Winner<br>20

NWA
    I going back to my bow this weekend. I haven't seen a good buck all year. I've been holding off shooting a doe in hopes a good buck will show. Hoping its a matter of time. I really hate the time change as can't get out after work now. Good bucks showing up at nighttime. Still gonna try

8. DbleAB

DbleAB Well-Known Member

Hunted north central Arkansas for 5 days last week and never saw a buck. The one that was killed in our crowd wasn’t swole up or hocks stained or anything. It was really weird considering we had 30 degree temps first part of the week. I’m still after them. Hopefully this wknd brings something good! I’ll settle for a doe or two if I need too...I’m one of those that watch many and always hold off waiting for a buck as well. Good luck y’all.

9. glocker

I’m taking off work tomorrow and getting after em. Hoping to get something to cut up tomorrow night and another on Saturday!

10. Tugman

Tugman Well-Known Member

Had a good peak rut day. I added some points today.

glocker, DbleAB and Rookieshot like this.
  11. cvan

cvan Well-Known Member

PICT0078.JPG Congrats .Emile! I need some luck. I got the bucks but am never there at the right time. I pulled the card from the camera where I hunted today but was a 1/4 mile from there yesterday looking at much smaller bucks. PICT0075.JPG PICT0078.JPG

Tugman likes this.
  12. glocker

Nice job tugger, I’m glad the tide turned for you!

Tugman likes this.
  13. DbleAB

DbleAB Well-Known Member

Heck yeah!! Pretty sure you put team 2 in the lead buddy!! If my maths correct and if scores have updated...

Tugman likes this.
  14. Tugman

Tugman Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. It feels good to finally have things go my way!

Hope you get a chance at one of them Carl!

15. cvan

cvan Well-Known Member

Yesterday morning I saw 2 shooters but when they’re smelling or looking at the real thing, calling to them is a long shot. Moved stand 35 yards. If they cut this corner again this morning I should be in bow range. Back to a weekend warrior after today until December.

Tugman likes this.
  16. Rookieshot

Rookieshot Member<br>2014-15 Bow Hunting Contest Winner<br>20

NWA
    Took my bow out yesterday afternoon. Didn’t see much. A couple does out of range

17. Tugman

Tugman Well-Known Member

Good luck brother. I hope they follow the script!

18. Tugman

Tugman Well-Known Member

Sat yesterday evening on my other lease. After sundown, I had three does and a yearling cross the draw on the same trail I’ve been seeing deer on... 50 yards away. One or two minutes later, a small 8 point went through trailing them. At last light, a spike came in the the feed pile. I’ll get back out tomorrow.

jackie53 likes this.
  19. Tugman

Tugman Well-Known Member

@cvan, I got back on the boat yesterday. Are you and lvan at Trusten or been there yet?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  20. cvan

cvan Well-Known Member

We went on the 2nd and stayed a week. I saw no shooters but did see several small bucks chasing. Had does in range a couple of times but failed to get shot off. We saw deer every sit but getting them in bow range is tough. Those are some smart deer. It was fun. The guy camped next to me got a 7 point but not a monster. Probably 110” deer.

Tugman likes this.