2019/2020 Bow Hunting Contest Team 2 Legit to quit...killing!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Contest' started by DbleAB, Sep 29, 2019.

1. DbleAB

DbleAB Well-Known Member

I’ve always wanted to hunt Pendleton area, Truston Holder during first part of December. I’ve heard good things about it and I’m sure everyone else has too. Is it crowded during that time? My mom lives down around the star city area not too far from there. Some awesome deer down that way around that river.

2. cvan

cvan Well-Known Member

I usually go the first week of gun season and see a few. Usually i get back home and have pics of the biggest deer of the season during daylight. Gonna try to catch them this year. Tried T-day week but just too many people. Not sure about the next week. Hoping a bunch leave. It’s tough hunting. I’ve only saw 1 for sure shooter and then a bunch right on the edge of legal (15/18).

3. Tugman

Tugman Well-Known Member

I’m going tomorrow morning to meet with the surgeon. Hopefully get the surgery scheduled for this week.

4. Tugman

Tugman Well-Known Member

Rookieshot likes this.
  5. cvan

cvan Well-Known Member

Good job Rookieshot!

6. cvan

cvan Well-Known Member

I’m off for a week when i leave work today. It seems the older i get, the more i have to do outside of hunting. It seems there is always something that needs done while i’m off work that trumps hunting.I don’t even have my fall plots in yet. I’ll take a few days and get some of these things done so I don’t stress over it going forward. After that it’s off to the Ouachita National Forest for a few days of hunting with friends. Good luck next week if your out!

7. DbleAB

DbleAB Well-Known Member

Nice! Enjoy your vacation and good luck up there! I’ve got soccer tournament all weekend, so it’ll be next weekend before I can really start getting mad at the deers!! I’m off the first full week of November and will spend a lot of time in the national forest up at sylamore. That’s always my favorite time to hunt, right before the big hubs get in the woods and the bucks are active looking for girls...we will see how it goes.

8. Tugman

Tugman Well-Known Member

Hope y’all are successful. I’m laid up on the couch right now recovering from gall bladder surgery. The doctor made four incisions and my abdomen hurts like the dickens! I’m ready to get past this point in my recovery!

Good luck guys! Get us some more points!

9. DbleAB

DbleAB Well-Known Member

Wow. Hope you a speedy full recovery tug!!

10. Tugman

Tugman Well-Known Member

Thank you. Me too! I REALLY want to be able to go back to the boat next Thursday. I should only work two weeks then come home for a month. And I should be healed enough to go hunting! I hope your full week of hunting is exciting!

11. Tugman

Tugman Well-Known Member

Good morning dudes. Still stuck at home recovering. Had a rough one yesterday. But feel like I’m back on track today. Hope y’all are able to be out trying to get us more points.

12. glocker

glocker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Ten points coming our way!

13. Rookieshot

Rookieshot Member<br>2014-15 Bow Hunting Contest Winner<br>20

NWA
    Heck yeah!! Great buck

glocker likes this.
  14. DbleAB

DbleAB Well-Known Member

Awesome buck! Congratulations. Glad you found him. Sounds like he took you on one hell of a ride....it’s amazing how tough they are!

15. cvan

cvan Well-Known Member

Congrats! Glad you got him. My luck usually goes 180° the other direction.
    Tug, glad to hear you were feeling better. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Tugman likes this.
  16. glocker

glocker Well-Known Member

Thank you sir. It really is amazing how tough they are.

17. cvan

cvan Well-Known Member

3 more points
    IMG_0860.jpg

Tugman and tkcampb1 like this.
  18. Rookieshot

Rookieshot Member<br>2014-15 Bow Hunting Contest Winner<br>20

NWA
  19. tkcampb1

tkcampb1 Well-Known Member

You guys are killing machines!!
    Great deer, glocker!! Congrats!!

glocker likes this.
  20. DbleAB

DbleAB Well-Known Member

Nice Cvan!! Good eatin right there! Between work and family priorities, I haven’t been in a tree in 3 weeks....but all that’s Fixin to change November 1st..off for 10 days straight with bow in hand!!

Tugman likes this.