Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone from Team #19 been out in the woods yet? I hunted twice last week. Saw 11 deer on 10/02 and shot a 5pt on the 3rd. I hope to get back out in the woods this coming weekend.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I went out Thursday and Friday. Didn't see anything Thursday but had two does on me Friday morning. The stayed just out of bow range the whole time. I'll be back out probably on Thursday and maybe Friday this week too. Good job on the 5 pt!!

·
Registered
12,932 Posts
Got to hunt a little Saturday. Saw four does and a spike hitting the corn feeders pretty heavy. Not many acorns on ground, yet. None got in bow range. Opportunity looks pretty good. Got a doe tag for zone 3 which ups the chances quite a bit! I hunt with bow, blackpowder, modern gun and occasionaly rocks! Hunting mostly in Sharp Co. Can't remember the rules but also hunt Shelby, Fayette, Haywood and Hardemann Co. in TN.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I drew the modern gun hunt for Wattensaw. I am saving my last buck tag for that hunt. Acorns are starting to fall here in Lonike Co. As soon as the weather straigtens out again I'll be out there. Good luck out there.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Good job on the 5 pt. I have not been able to get back in the woods yet. I have friday off and plan on being out bright and early. Hope they continue to walk by- eight point comes in about 5-6 pm. Good luck this weekend guys.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've been out twice, opening day and Saturday, saw one spike Wed. and a doe on Saturday---not in range. Will be moving to a different stand this week.

I'm in Lake Village AR ie...SE corner of state.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I saw 5 this morning. I thought I was going to get to draw down on a doe bu she busted me at abou 30 yards. Too much cover to take a shot and she wouldn't step on out into the lane I needed her to. Maybe next week. I hunt zone 12 too so I should be able to drop a few deer before the season is out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.