Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shoot my Endevor today using 150grs of triple 7 & 250gr shock wave super glide sabot . It shoot all over the place & after 3 shoots the sabots were hard to get to seat. Could not get any groups at 50yrds or 100yrds. Any thing i can try ? :confused: I shoot my 300 mag barrel on it, it shoots real good :clap:

·
Administrator
87,241 Posts
Try 2 pellets. My DISC rifle shoots better with 2 than 3. ETA: Re-reading this, if you are pouring in loose powder rather than using pellets, also change the powder charge.

When I sight in, I swab the bore after every shot. I want the barrel in the same condition that it is when I pull the trigger in the field.

Lastly, you might try some different bullets. Some rifles like some bullet/sabot combinations, other rifles like others. Not just different brands, either, but also different bullet weights.

·
Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was using pellets. the guy at fort thompson said to use that setup but it isn't working. I'll try 100grains of powder then if that don't work i'll change bullets & swab the barrel after each shoot Thanks Mr Chitlin

·
Administrator
87,241 Posts
I know it can get expensive to try a lot of bullets, if you have a friend that hunts, you might try swapping (or buying) a few bullets from him to try. Beats buying a whole pack that don't shoot good.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Bush,

I've heard a lot of people say lately that they can't get 250gr Hornady SSTs (TC Shockwaves) and 150gr of powder to shoot worth a flip. Every one of them were trying it because that's what was recommended for their new Omega scope. I won't say it'll never work, but very rarely will you get your best groups with 150gr of powder or pellets. It pushes the sabot too fast and it strips over the lands, and usually just doesn't get stabilized enough to shoot well. That doesn't mean your scope won't work though. Whatever bullet/powder combo you use, those crosshairs will work at some distance. It's just up to you to shoot that combo enough at different distances to find out. Instead of 50, 100, 150 and 200 (or whatever they're supposed to be set at), in reality they might be dead on at 55, 95, 140 and 185 yards. Just a guess, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Swabbing between shots is very important for consistency. I run a patch with windex down the bore followed by two dry patches. Leave the second dry patch in bore and fire a primer. You are now ready to load for the next shot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.