Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
I don’t have an Encore .22, but I’ve had several Contender .22 barrels over the years, same basic principle. All have been exceptionally accurate and functioned flawlessly. I had a 10” inch, thin, tapered octagon barrel that was less accurate than others but still very accurate. I’ve had good luck with standard velocity Federals, Mini Mags, and Stingers. What do you want to know?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the only place i've found currently making barrels is MGM, i have a 223 barrel from them and its very accurate. i know the encore and contenders are a little different and the contender is a little more rimfire friendly set up, i just have three encores between me and the boys so id like to stick with an encore. would be handy just not sure if its worth dropping $400 plus for a 22 barrel...

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
SSK will make you virtually anything you want. They were the original custom aftermarket Contender and Encore barrel maker.

Personally, I would not drop the cash on a dedicated Encore .22 barrel unless I had a specific purpose in mind for it. If I was shooting silhouette matches or wanted a squirrel barrel, maybe, but just because, probably not. The uncertainty over TC’s future and potential warranty and parts issues are a little off putting. Plus, on a big gun like the Encore, a single shot .22 is kind of boring. Pop. Open. Extract. Reload. Close. Pop. Although, I have to admit I wouldn’t mind having a 16-inch, .17 Mach II barrel for a dedicated, suppressed squirrel tool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts