Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,385 Posts
Where's the faith? Taylor in 8. Hopefully, for his sake.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If taylor wins, it will be a full length fight. I dont think he can knock pavlik out. If he tries, I think it will end like last time.

Since he is from AR, I wish him well, but pavlik can box, and fight....

Taylor just boxes.

I cant wait to watch it though, should be a good one.

Jime Rome interviewed Pavlik today. It was interesting what he had to say.

·
Member<br>2014 Team Turkey Contest Winner
770 Posts
It's already been planned. We're cooking crappie and catfish, and buying the fight on PPV.

I think Pavlik will win,...with a more brutal fight than the first one.

Pavlik in 7.

·
Administrator
40,899 Posts
I plan to watch it.

Ill be pulling for Taylor but after watching their last fight and several of Taylor's before that one, I just dont think he'll be able to pull it off.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it should be an entertaining fight with many punches thrown. pavlik is the favorite to win by the gamblers and the over/under on rounds was around 10-11 the last time i checked. i think it will end before then. i am going to have to go with the arkansas boy in 8 rounds. he had him beat before and just could not finish him. i need to find somewhere to watch this fight.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I saw Pavlik's last fight before Taylor. Man!! Talk about a wrecking machine. Like Mr. T in the second Rocky movie. Or was he in Rocky 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 ...... I can't remember. I had a feeling the first T/P was going to be ugly and was it ever. Hopefully Taylor learned something and will be ready to take his title back. On one of the HBO sports programs about boxing this one guy that I've seen many times commented on hard Taylor can punch. I hope he connects on several bombs and sends Pavlik to the mat!! Go TAYLOR!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
taylor hits hard, pavlik hits harder.

pavlik can take more punishment as well......

If taylor is to win, he will have to out score him, and keep away from the right hand of pavlik, if he keeps the left hand down, (as he always does, its over)

Pavlike looks like olive oil, but hits like popeye.......

I hope taylor does well, because he is local, but I like pavlik too. I do not care who wins, but taylor has been playing with fire for several fights.

It should be a great fight, no matter who wins.......

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Taylor better be in tip top shape! He had him last time but he gassed out! Taylor has to keep his darn hands up and protect himself better. He has to out box Pavlik or he is in trouble. If he tries to just fight he will lose! Taylor makes me nervous watching him how he keeps his hands down and sways side 2 side! Go Taylor! For Arkansas' sake! OUT BOX OUT BOX OUT BOX!!!

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
A little heads up here. If you are ordering the fight on suddenlink, the phone number that displays on the screen is for the sales department. You will only get a recording saying they are closed.

Here is the Tyler, Tx. phone number: 1-888-822-5151

They answer this phone 24/7.

I've had to do this on the last two fights. In my area, we used to be able to order straight from through the cable. Some areas have changed and some have not.

Hope to see a great fight!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I personally thought it should have at least been a split decision i don't think Pavlik won the fight unanomously but hey i'm not a judge so i guess it don't matter what i think!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Taylor Had To Win By Ko & Could Not Do It. Thought Pavlik Was Out Of Steam By Rnd 8, Both Fought A Good Fight

·
Administrator
40,899 Posts
I agree with the decision and think Pavlik won the fight.

I thought it was closer than the one judge that had it 117-113 did though.

Taylor just didnt throw enough punches or act like he wanted it bad enough.

He would throw punches in flurries then just sort of sit back and wait. I dont know if he was tired or what.

I was glad to see him use his jab a little more than he had been and also to keep his hands up a little better than he did his last few fights.

If I heard the announcers right Pavlik threw over 400 more punches in the fight than Taylor did.

If that number is anywhere close to being right it shows that Pavlik wanted it more imo.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts