Tasco 6MP Trail Camera

Discussion in 'Trail Cams and Photography' started by JoeJ, Feb 9, 2018.

1. JoeJ

JoeJ Well-Known Member

Beebe
    Although I have a Stealthcam that cost about $100.00 I couldn't resist this Tasco at Wal-Mart. I first read a lot of reviews. The cost was $24.88 plus tax. After setting it up with new batteries I put it out in the driveway for testing. Mistakenly, I had it taking 10 second videos. Wow, it was great. It picked up a car moving in my neighbors driveway at just over 100 feet. It not the best video but good enough. The night time video was good too. It's now set for one picture at a time with a 15 second time out. The two things I wish it had was a display showing the number of pictures taken and a low battery indicator. Battery life is supposed to be 6 months with alkalines and 1 year with lithium. The trigger speed is 1 second and the camera reset time is 5 seconds. Fast enough for me. The Wal-Mart in Beebe just got a shipment and there's about 30 on display. They have a more expensive 8 MP for $38.00 but 2 MP isn't that big a deal to me. Check it out as there are several video reviews on line.

2. Buckbob

Buckbob Well-Known Member

00000242.jpg 00000115.jpg I’m happy with mine! I wish it had a way to lock it, but even if it gets stolen, I’ve already got $25 out of it!

JoeJ likes this.

3. JoeJ

JoeJ Well-Known Member

Beebe
    I'm currently thinking of ways to conceal them. If someone wants it bad enough it won't matter if it's locked. Hell, they'll cut the tree down LOL.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    BIG DOG likes this.
  4. BIG DOG

BIG DOG Well-Known Member

i got 3 6mp and 1 8mp
    Cant beat em for the money 20171027_111006.jpg 20171027_111006.jpg 20171028_070228.jpg

5. BIG DOG

BIG DOG Well-Known Member

Thats using my phone to take a pic of the screen on tbe back of a digi camera

JoeJ likes this.
  6. JoeJ

JoeJ Well-Known Member

Beebe
    I was at the Beebe Wal-Mart yesterday and 6-8 of what they had have been sold.