Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this on posted on FB:

My wife and I recently bought an old farm house and everything that was left on the property. To our surprise we found a Ranger bass boat in one of the bucheit buildings. The first pictures of the boat is how we first found it. After we pulled it out and washed it off I took a picture and let an old friend of mine see it,, he informed me that the boat was used to fish in a bass master classic,, he told me that the sticker (19) represented the number of boat and that it was given to anglers who fished in the tournament, I was very excited to think that this boat actually fished in the classic. I figured there has to be a way to see who fished out of boat 19, so we began to research. The next part is awesome,, what we believe is that this boat was fished out of by the Legendary Rick Clunn!!!! Not only do we believe he fished out of it,, He won the 1984 bass master classic in this exact boat) I could not believe that this boat had this much history, and was once the center of the fishing world! I was pumped!!! I began to clean the boat up and the thing looks great,,, looks like the gel coat is as good as new,, it still has everything in tact,now I’m not sure what it’s even worth but I no it makes one hell of a cool story!! I posted a pic of a screen shot (of the 19) of A video clip from the 1984 bass master classic yearbook on you tube, and one of the number today,,, still have a lot of cleaning to do on it I believe it has a lot more shine left in it.
Window Wood Building Interior design House

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Tree

·
Registered
Primary: thermal equipped, suppressed, .300 AAC; Secondary: Glock 29SF 10mm
49 Posts
That is one cool story! Congrats on the interesting find!

·
Registered
30,637 Posts
Dang, how neat.

I think (?) that was the year that Rick fished the Pine Bluff harbor and probably didn't even start his big motor. IF (?) I remember right, that was (and probably still is) the BMC record poundage for a 3 days tourney. I think (again ??) that he totaled about 75 lbs.

Now you won't believe this, but I was also on the Arkansas River, Toad Suck pool, and I outfished his Saturday total!! He caught about 25 lbs, and I caught about 45 lbs. We fished exclusively plastic worms on the Rip Rap below the Toad Suck dam. HOWEVER, the 45 lbs I caught on plastic worms were not all bass. I caught about a 22 lb drum, a 12 lb catfish, and a few bass. LOLOL! Maybe backwards, but something like that.

That may have been the year that we had the massive drought. Conway didn't have Lake Brewer yet, and they had built Beaverfork for that reason but it never panned out for some reason. They were getting water from Cadron Creek I think. But it was so low it never reached the intake valve, so they got it from the Arkansas River. There was so much salt that the whole city got diarrhea. But that low-water condition made the Ark River like a calm, clear lake after a while. We literally tore bass up all year, and really for several years after that. We'd sit out in the boat in the middle of the river and wait for the spinner-bait, crankbait guys to leave a particular Rip Rap, then go in and rip their lips.

Those were the days. That was back when I was a young hair-on-fire bass fisherman and didn't know any better. :D

·
Registered
8,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is one cool story! Congrats on the interesting find!
I hope that was your barn you found it in!
(y)
To reiterate: This was shared by a Facebook friend; the original post was in the Ranger boat owner's Facebook group. I didn't find this myself. I can promise you, if I had, I'd be making a MUCH bigger deal of it!

·
Registered
Primary: thermal equipped, suppressed, .300 AAC; Secondary: Glock 29SF 10mm
49 Posts
To reiterate: This was shared by a Facebook friend; the original post was in the Ranger boat owner's Facebook group. I didn't find this myself. I can promise you, if I had, I'd be making a MUCH bigger deal of it!
Selective reading ;)

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Clunn came in my store and visited back in the day. Gave him a yellow Creek King (made in Conway. At that time it was a pretty hot bait in the strip pits. I had several in stock. He was a nice young man. Also fished a Projects Sports (which preceded Bassmaster) tournament paired with Jack Haines ( a crop duster Pilot from Louisiana) who later won the Bass Master Classic. TR4 and 85 hp OMC was the top of the line back then. Still love the old Rangers. That barn find was Amazing!!!

·
Premium Member
33,995 Posts
Was Their Also.. Bill Clinton and George Bush was there...
Clunn Caught his Bass on a #7 Gold Shad Rap...and a Texas rig plastic Worm..
The Carolina rig was born...Called a limit Finder...
Congrats thanks for the Memories....

·
Premium Member
33,995 Posts
Clunn came in my store and visited back in the day. Gave him a yellow Creek King (made in Conway. At that time it was a pretty hot bait in the strip pits. I had several in stock. He was a nice young man. Also fished a Projects Sports (which preceded Bassmaster) tournament paired with Jack Haines ( a crop duster Pilot from Louisiana) who later won the Bass Master Classic. TR4 and 85 hp OMC was the top of the line back then. Still love the old Rangers. That barn find was Amazing!!!
Thanks RAZ. You cost me money..lol..
Yellow creek king and a Copper # 7 Single blade yellow and White.. Dardanelle special..
Young Man by the Name of Mark Davis..
Gave us a Spanking....
Thanks RAZ.. Lol..

·
Premium Member
33,995 Posts
t. By 1984, they unveiled the LCR series, the industry’s first Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) fish-finder. “We introduced the first fish-finder that used a microprocessor to process signals, so we were able to display a chart-like appearance on an LCD screen that could be seen in bright sunlight with only two buttons on it. One button turned it on and off and the other sequenced through features. It was that simple. And it took off like a rocket ship. We went from $6 million to $75 million in revenues within three years and grew from 0% to 48% market share, revolutionizing the industry.”
Font Gadget Screenshot Electronic device Software

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
I'd have to dig around but I might still have one of the first LCR's

Picked it up at a flea market a number of years ago and was gonna use it on a canoe. Never did and it kind of went into a box of other stuff and likely still there.

I found another one too before that, wasn't an LCR, it was some sort of Lowrance. Was supposed to be sought after, although I didn't know when I paid the $5 bill for it. Stuck on the bay, got a ton of messages and some guy out of bee branch said he'd come pick it up for $150, which he did. Pretty sure he was into bass fishing at some point. Dunno what he wanted an old graph for, didn't ask.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts